Nut butter

Ingredients on my peanut butter (will provide pic later) : 100% peanuts, sea salt. Probably realistically has more salt than would be advisable for most people, as most pre packaged stuff has even if it's as pure as this.

It says on the front 'Just peanuts and a pinch of salt'. The back says the same. There's only 0.33 grams of salt in a 650 g jar. Which is perfectly reasonable, yet makes it taste so much better than regular peanut butter (imo).

Ok, so let's list what is in the current peanut butter that kid and I love and eat:92% peanut,sugar,palm oil,salt.
This was a 2 usd pb, 350g jar. Plus the last week ones were on sale. Exp may 2022.
Nutrition data per 100g.
2520kJ,608 kcal
Fat 49 g
Of which saturated 9,0g
Carbs 16g
Sugar 8,3g
Protein 22g
Salt 0,82g.

This is not bad at all, right?

I have no comparison to other pbs, this is the only one we tried so far.

Once opened I keep it in the fridge.

This is the smooth version. Not runny at all, not even soft, i.e.it holds form, when I spoon it.

Currently I do not have a blender. After the disasteous cheap blender story, I think I might save and aim for a good q one.

I will be open to finding a 100% pb and just other brands and kinds, just to discover...

I dont think pb is currently that popular here, but possibly growingly so.

I dont remember us being pb crazy previously, but the last several weeks, it just feels so good to have two tablespoons of it per day. Just as is, no bread no jelly no fruit, just pb.

I was wondering if it is the potassium, which p is rich in, or I donno, any other of the many beneficial elements.

Thank you everyone💙🤓
Yep, the p is for potassium. Potassium works in harmony with sodium for intra and extracellular function, basically it helps regulate our fluids and electrolytes. Most people don't get enough.

Back
Top Bottom