Recipe Oat Crusted Salmon With Roasted Vegetables

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
6:35 AM
Ingredients
A selection of mixed vegetables - peppers, onions, butternut squash, leeks, aubergines and tomatoes are all check free, and all work well.
40g Hamlyns Scottish Oatmeal (Pinhead works best)
Grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
1 ½ tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
2 salmon fillet steaks (approx 100g each), with any visible bones removed
½ lemon, cut into 2 wedges
Spray oil

Method
  1. Start with the roasted vegetables. Roughly chop the vegetables into chunks. Liberally spray a non stick roasting tray with an olive oil spray. Lightly spray the vegetables and shake the tray to ensure a fine coating. Top with some fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme, or a few chilli flakes.
  2. Roast in a preheated oven (200 oC/400 oF/gas 6) for around 30 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, prepare your salmon. Mix the oatmeal with the grated lemon zest and finely chopped parsley. Press on top of the salmon fillets, and season with salt and pepper.
  4. Give a good non stick pan a liberal spray of your spray oil. Cook the salmon fillets, crust side down first, for approximately 6 minutes, then turn over and continue cooking until the fish flakes to the point of a knife.
  5. Serve the roasted vegetables on a plate, topped with a salmon fillet and a lemon wedge on the side.

http://hamlynsoats.co.uk/recipes/oat-crusted-salmon-with-roasted-vegetables/

Where are the pictures? We all know I love my pictures like the little girl in the back of class just being delighted by the pictures. By the way, this looks like a great recipe.

Where are the pictures? We all know I love my pictures like the little girl in the back of class just being delighted by the pictures. By the way, this looks like a great recipe.
It's supposed to be a slimmers recipe. Cut out the pictures!!

Back
Top Bottom