Oatmeal

kgord

Veteran
Local time
8:02 AM
How do you eat your oatmeal? I just had some for breakfast, I had it with brown sugar, and a few walnuts and raisins mixed in. That is one nice thing about oatmeal..it tastes good with a variety of additives. I like apples in it as well.

I eat oatmeal regularly for breakfast. Most of the time all I would add is cinnamon, brown sugar and milk. I have also added raisins to my oatmeal on some occasions, at which time I would use less sugar. I used to add powdered linseed at times as well and may very well start doing so again since linseed is known to have some good health benefits.

I am not much of an oatmeal person except it is an oatmeal cookie. I see my son make it sometimes and he has even asked me what to put in it. I did not have much to offer by way of suggestions.

I eat my oatmeal with a little bit of butter and brown sugar. I love it this time of year. It is a great way to warm up on those chilly morning and evenings. I often have a small bowl before I got to bed for the night. I find it very comforting and reminds me of my childhood days. We always had oatmeal when we were kids.

Yes, hot cereal is a good way to warm up on a cold morning for sure. I have some steel cut oatmeal...I might try a baked oatmeal sometime...you can prepare it the night before apparently...and just pop it in the oven in the morning.

I usually have it with honey and sliced banana.

Oh! I love mine with any sort of mix of dried fruits (raisins, apricots, apples) and some cinnamon and brown sugar. That's probably my most standard go-to. I also sometimes add chia or flax seeds in for a bit of extra nutrition!

An oatmeal stout, now that sounds interesting...I am not sure if I have ever had one. Maybe I will scour the beer secton at the supermarket!

Back
Top Bottom