Obscure Soda Brands And Flavors

Jade

Veteran
Local time
6:14 AM
I've grown tired of the regular flavors of soda such as cola and Sprite, so I usually just opt to buy the more obscure flavors whenever I crave sodas. My favorite one as of now is A&W cream soda, but unfortunately, it's not always readily available in my area, and whenever it is unavailable, I tend to grab either Dr. Pepper or Vanilla Coke or whatever fruit flavored soda is present - especially cherry flavored ones. How about you guys, which sodas do you like apart from the top ones like Coke, Sprite, and orange soda?

I love Canada Dry Cream Soda. I don't even know if they make it anymore but I could only find it up in Pennsylvania and Maryland. I'm a big fan of sasparilla soda and birch beer soda too! My husband and I always look for obscure soda flavors so we have tried a lot. Crush had a lime soda a few years back that was awesome. Diet Dr. Pepper is my own personal favorite, but I also love Mountain Dew Baja Blast. Speaking of which, Baja Blast is coming to bottles in May!

One of my favorites is L&P which is a popular soda flavour in New Zealand which is manufactured by Coca Cola. It's mainly lemon based but doesn't taste at all like Sprite or 7Up it tastes more like Bunderberg's Lemon Lime and Bitters without the lime. I also love a raspberry soda made by the company Foxton Fizz.

I was never a fan of the big American sodas, Pepsi, Coke, Sprite, 7up, Mountain Dew, etc. When i was a kid my Mom introduced me to a type of Soda imported from Turkey called Gazoz made by a company called Uludag. Very tasty and awesome! Kind of tastes like Juicy Fruit bubble gum. It's also healthier because there's no nutri-sweet or artificial flavors, just natural sugar.
Not too sure what stores carry it here in the States, but I'm sure there are some small markets where it can be found. Either that or order some from online someplace. : )

If you are ever in Las Vegas, visit the Coca Cola store. They have an area where you can taste popular soda flavors from all around the world. It's only a few bucks, and they will prepare a tray of samples, I think it was like 12 of them. There are some really really interesting ones, and some that were flat out awful. If I recall I think the Italian ones were some of the worst, very bitter and herbal smelling from what I can remember. But there were other ones, that were nice, such as a mild mango flavor.

Another place you might be surprised to find unusual flavored sodas is Dollar Tree. They have quite a few actually. From orange and pineapple flavored sodas to more unusual ones such as a sangria flavored soda, a tamarind one, and an apple one too.

I used to love Dandelion and Burdock from Corona, in the days when Corona used to deliver to the door. Whenever I was asked what I wanted, that was always my resonse, until my mother began to make it a regular order.

I knew that dandelions grew in lawns and meadows. I did not know then, but I do know now, that burdock is also a common plant that often grows on waste ground. There cannot be many sodas that are made from weeds!

Well, I rarely drink sodas but if I do then it's probably either Coca-Cola or Mountain Dew. There are times when I go with something lemon flavoured... but it's quite rare. Some of the ones by Schweppes are pretty decent.

Dr. Brown's has a great selection of sodas, I think their black cherry is the most popular. They also make a delicious root beer, cream soda and have a cel-ray (celery) soda that is very unique. The cel-ray is not my style but I know lots of people who find it very refreshing.

I quite enjoy Cockta, I think it's croatian brand coke but I'm not quite sure about that. It also doesn't really taste like coke, because it has some weird vanilla-like flavour at the end. Most of my friends prefer Coca Cola or Pepsi over it but I really enjoy its unique taste. It's not something I drink every day but just to mix things up a bit. I'm not quite sure if it's available all over the world, but I've seen it in Austria, Croatia, Italy and Slowenia.

Back
Top Bottom