Of All The TV Cooks/Shows About Food

Termyn8or

Local time
12:15 AM
Which is best ? I have not seen evertything but I have seen a few.

Gordon Ramsay, like or hate he can really cook
Emeril Lagasse, some good ideas, some too off the wall.
Steve Raichlen, Too much sugar, the guy smoked ice cream !
Americas Test Kitchen, (PBS) not bad, not really exceptional, just decent cooking.
Thirty Minute Meals, UK guy, Brit maybe. Innovative but also off the wall.
Rachael Ray, not stellar but not too bad.

Then the dead ones;

Justin Wilson, HOOOO ! Definitely Cajun and down south. Seems spicy which is cool with me.
Jeff Smith/Frugal Gourmet, Yeah frugal "I flew to Italy to get this great basil". Yup, if that's frugal I have been doing something wrong

Who else can you think of ?

I bet whoever you come up with we an find an episode or two on youtube. I actually downloaded a couple back when I could. TThey changed something and nothing seems to work, but I can get VLC to do it once in a while. I don't know why it works sometimes and doesn't work others.

Anyway, with the principal(s) of the show(s) dead I doubt anyone will complain and have them taken down.

So who did I miss ? I'm sure y'all know some I never heard of.

T

I liked the ATK/CC shows when Chris Kimball was there, and Milk Street is ok with him, but I haven't watched it enough to really get into it.

Anything with Jacques Pepin. He's my favorite. Unpretentious and has forgotten more about cooking than Ramsey, Legasse, and Flay know combined.

Walter Staib I hold in the same regard as Pepin.

Those are the shows I'd watch specifically to learn something. There are other shows I watch just to be entertained or just to pass the time. I just enjoy seeing people cook.

Rachel Khoo, but only her Tiny Paris Kitchen show...Lorraine Pascal in the early days. It'd be hard to find any show more entertaining and educational than Alton Brown's Good Eats. I like how calm and easy Ina Garten makes everything seem. I love Nigella Lawson, but she goes from interesting to annoying in about 24 minutes, so small doses of her.

The Hairy Bikers...well, one of them, anyway. Funny, it was the same thing with Two Fat Ladies...I liked one, couldn't quite take to the other one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom