OK, Why isn't this dough working?

Puggles

Veteran
Local time
6:28 AM
I've made pizza dough dozens of times and I just tried to make some and it's not doing anything. I bloomed the yeast, it was nice and bubbly, had some sugar to snack on and I made the dough just like every other time and covered it and let it proof for an hour like usual and nothing is happening. It's literally a lump of dough. The temperature and humidity aren't any different. This makes no sense to me at all.
20220902_155603.jpg

Water temp was ok? You can just let it sit and it may eventually take off.

Water temp is always between 100 and 110 F° Clean, filtered water, Yeast isn't expired, it was bubbly and nice. I didn't do anything different.

That's a real bummer when you want to use it sooner than later. Maybe give it another couple hours?

I think the "wet" look is due to the olive oil.

Was salt added to the dough? Could it have been dumped on top of the bloomed yeast and maybe killed it?

How much yeast versus flour was used?

That's a real bummer when you want to use it sooner than later. Maybe give it another couple hours?
I gave it a short knead and put it in the oven and gave it more time, it kind of woke up. I can make it into pizza, but it's just not my "usual" dough, it's....different.

Back
Top Bottom