Oldies but Goodies

Backbay

Über Member
Local time
8:43 PM
Cleaning cupboards this morning.. found these treasures - lots of life’s memories :) mods feel free to move if not the right place

Inside front cover

Table if contents

I have/had a similar set in an index card size metal bos from Land of Lakes (butter) currently not sure of its whereabouts but, I do remember a recipe for baked apples - core the apples, leave skins on and put in a baking dish , cover with a cup or more of granulated sugar, dot with a stick of butter and bake at 350 till apples are soft. Remove from oven and mix in half cup of heavy cream - serve an apple in a dessert bowl with ample sugar/butter/cream sauce.. ooooo so good but, ooo so bad for the diet! 😃😎😝

I have that same box with the cards. Mines at least 30 years old. The chicken croquette mixed with the Dutch recipe is amazing. I use it all the time.

Russ
If I remember correctly, I picked mine up around 1977 or maybe a couple years later. I will have to look up the chicken croquette recipe. Have to admit haven't used any of the recipes in the box in many years - time to dust it off.

Back
Top Bottom