Olive oil versus other oils for cooking

joycemcgregor

Veteran
Local time
5:46 AM
I use both olive oil and vegetable oils when I cook. When browning meat, making oven fried potatoes, ect I use olive oil. If I am deep frying or frying eggs or making biscuits or other baked items that call for using oil, I use vegetable oil. Do any of you notice a diffence in the taste with cooking with olive or vegetable oil? I have a friend who swears he can tell when olive oil is used, however; unless he sees me actually cooking with olive oil, he does not know the difference.. I can tell if olive oil is used in baked goods, but that is the only time. Anyone out there able to tell the difference between the two types of oil?

It really does depend on what type of olive oil you are using. Some of the none extra virgin olive oils are so cheap and tasteless that telling them apart from vegetable oil is almost impossible and they really don't have the same health benefits as the better quality stuff.

Can you tell the difference between extra virgin olive oil and vegetable oil when it comes to vegetables being roasted in it? Yes you can and easily so.

Back
Top Bottom