Recipe One Pot Andouille Sausage Skillet Pasta

Local time
9:14 PM
http:/damndelicious.net/2013/12/09/one-pot-andouille-sausage-skillet-pasta/

This is a quick and easy-to-prepare pasta meal. Only one pot is needed for cooking this meal.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 8 ounces elbows pasta
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese

Instructions:
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage and cook, stirring frequently until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
  • Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
  • Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
  • Serve immediately.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes

IMG_8937edit.jpg

Last edited:
I had to look up 'Adouille' because I know Adouillle sausage from eating it in France and was surprised to find it in an American recipe. Its a very smelly strong sausage over there! I rather like it in small quantities. It turns out that it was brought to Louisiana by French immigrants.

Andouille (/ænˈduːi/an-doo-ee in US English; French pronunciation: [ɑ̃nduj]; from Latin: "made by insertion") is a smoked sausage made using pork, originating in France. It was brought to Louisiana by the French immigrants and Acadian exiles that would merge to create much of Louisiana Creoleculture. Some varieties use the pig's entire gastrointestinal system.

I suspect the version used in the above recipe is not as pungent as the Andouille sausage I've had in France, but I'm assuming it is quite a strong tasting sausage. Its a rather good idea to cook it all in one pot. Its given me a few ideas!

Thanks for the research @morning glory. I likely won't find that sausage around here but I would be happy to substitute some other kind of sausage. I see mention of a Jack cheese but I am assuming that if there isn't a Jack you could use a 'Jill' which in my case would be my ever on hand Vegetarian Cheddar cheese.

http:/damndelicious.net/2013/12/09/one-pot-andouille-sausage-skillet-pasta/

This is a quick and easy-to-prepare pasta meal. Only one pot is needed for cooking this meal.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 8 ounces elbows pasta
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese

Instructions:
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage and cook, stirring frequently until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
  • Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
  • Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
  • Serve immediately.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes

IMG_8937edit.jpg

My, my, my!!

Dag, that looks DELISH!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom