Recipe Orange-Rosemary Glazed Salmon

Local time
8:07 AM
So I was thinking about what kinds of recipes I could bring to the forum that had orange as a necessary ingredient and came upon this one that I found appealing.
http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/09/orange-rosemary-glazed-salmon/

orange-rosemary-glazed-salmon3-srgb..jpg

Orange-Rosemary Glazed Salmon

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (1-inch thick), rested at room temperature 10 minutes
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
  • 5 Tbsp chicken broth, divided
  • 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
  • 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
  • 2 1/2 tsp cornstarch
Directions
  • Heat a large non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil then add salmon and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in pan.
  • Add garlic and rosemary to pan and saute 20 seconds, then add 1/4 cup chicken broth and simmer until mostly reduced. Stir in orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice and honey. In a small bowl whisk together remaining 1 Tbsp chicken broth with cornstarch. Pour into pan, season sauce with salt and pepper to taste then bring to a boil and allow to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return salmon to pan, spoon sauce over salmon.
  • Recipe source: inspired by Cooking Light
I just like the sound of this and would use this method using other types of fish.

Last edited:
I'm liking the rosemary here. I have a very big bush of rosemary in the garden and rosemary is one of those herbs that is there all year round (even in snow). I'm not he biggest fan of salmon but others here like it, so I may try this. As you say, it may work with other types of fish too.

This sounds really good. I have had salmon many different ways but I have never had this combination. I am to try this the next time I pick up some salmon.

Yum! I had really been wondering how to give new life to my salmon lately (been stuck in a rut with it!) and this sounds great. I have a big rosemary bush here too, so I don't even need to worry about buying that ingredient.

When I had an orange chicken I did not expect it to be sweet and bright orange. That experience made me want to stay away from any dish prepared with orange. Is there a better substitute for it without having to taste so sweet?

When I had an orange chicken I did not expect it to be sweet and bright orange. That experience made me want to stay away from any dish prepared with orange. Is there a better substitute for it without having to taste so sweet?
Well as this is an entry to the CookingBites recipe challenge (chosen ingredient orange) it wouldn't be eligible if something else were substituted! :happy: I don't think if you substituted anything else it would work.... it would turn into something entirely different. But...you could leave out the honey (which is the ingredient which would make it rather sweet) and reduce the amount of orange juice and increase the amount of lemon juice. I'm not a fan of sweet sauces with fish or chicken either. I may try this dish with that amendment.

That looks really healthy wintery bella. It looks very delicious as well. I am certain it would be pretty easy to do. I think I would make that as part of my repetoire. Salmon is so healthy for you...we should all be eating it. I don't eat as much of it as I should for sure.

That looks really healthy wintery bella. It looks very delicious as well. I am certain it would be pretty easy to do. I think I would make that as part of my repetoire. Salmon is so healthy for you...we should all be eating it. I don't eat as much of it as I should for sure.
Neither do I about eating more and at present I have none here. I mostly have blue marlin, dolphin, tuna and those kinds of fish. A lot of salmon I have had has been in the can and even that I don't have at present. Then there is the rosemary which I would easily substitute with thyme which I always have on hand. It looked too good not to share and the orange made it a winner for the Cooking Challenge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom