Our Next Biggy, July 4th!

We don’t really do much for the 4th. Haven’t even thought about food yet.

Dunno. Depends what I am doing then. I get invited to one or two parties over that weekend, and I bring something to share as a pot luck contribution. There is usually grilling going on. These days since those parties are back down where I used to live, I probably bring a salad or such, rather than having to re-heat something. Two-hour drive. But plans are not up and running as of yet. Likely this year I'll be invited to one of the parties but not the other, because I refuse to drop the one woman's brother and parents as friends simply because she's on the outs with all of them.

Basic family party, I have been asked to make potato salad, which is ironic since it's the 4th of July and June's dish is potato salad...but can't see making it 4 days before the party!

July 4 here is usually really :heat:. I'm sure I will toss something on the grill (bbq), but I'm not likely to spend a lot of time outside.

CD

Ok, I think I've got a menu worked out:

Watermelon punch
Michigans (upstate NY variation of a chili dog)
Lettuce salad (with some kind of lighter dressing, to compensate for all the mayonnaise coming up)
Deviled eggs
Corn on the cob
Potato chips & dip
Baked beans
Macaroni salad
Pickles & olives & cheese
Beer
Peach pie & vanilla ice cream

That'll stretch out over two meals during the day, so we'll probably eat some of that around 1PM, then have round 2 nearer to 6PM.

I have a beef brisket in the freezer, so it's either that or baby back ribs, mac & cheese, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans & corn bread. Desert to be determined later. Maybe some homemade ice cream. :whistling:

Unusually quiet here considering?????
Its the 4th here. I'm having shepherds pie
We had a fish fry Sunday (the 3rd). Nothing going on for the 4th, I picked up some work for the afternoon briefly. Guess I'll make pork tenderloin sandwiches for dinner.

I'm making potato salad right now, but nowhere near as much as I made shown

in the pic at the bottom!!:whistling:

I don't like this day much for personal reasons, but even here it's hard to avoid the 4th celebrations so I am reminded of the date anyway.

My mom's birthday. This is the 4th year with no contact because she's against my marriage.. she made me choose between her or my husband.

Back
Top Bottom