Outdoor Kitchens

....and I don't like the pine cabinets or the pine-clad ceiling with inset spotlights or the unnecessary curlycue brackets under the counter. And is that a rattan sofa reminiscent of 70's conservatories I spy in the background? This is really a very undesirable kitchen. I'd much rather have my cramped dark galley kitchen wouldn't I?

Morning Glory, it sounds like you are into some serious interior decorating. It might be good for one of the rich and famous down here in the tropics minus the wrought iron chair which would rust in no time when those sea sprays get a hold of them.

I still like the overall idea, and as long as you can control the flies, I would sign up.

When I think outdoor cooking I usually think of a barbecue set up outside. I stumbled across the idea of outdoor kitchens recently - things like this...a literal open air kitchen that's still kind of enclosed like a room - but it's solely outdoors.

What do you think of this sort of concept? I think it's beautiful looking, but I don't know about it from a practicality standpoint. Also, I'm thinking it would cost a small fortune to have something like it installed!

split-level-outdoor-kitchen-outdoor-solutions_9101.jpg

I viewed a house here that had a California or outdoor kitchen. It was really elaborate. It had a an outdoor brick barbecue...a built in firepit and many extra's that made it very nice. I really loved it. The house was not extremely expensive either, but it had no lake access like most of us do in this community, so that was a drawback. I was totally gratified with the outdoor kitchen though...I thought it was simply amazing and could imagine hosting parties there.

Back
Top Bottom