Outdoor potluck

DancingLady

Veteran
Local time
4:37 PM
What kind of foods do you like to bring to an outdoor potluck?
Being outdoors can have some challenges like needing to also bring ice if you have mayonnaise or other easily spoiled ingredients. Do you have any old standby dishes that are easy to prepare, don't spoil easily, and please most people?

Traditionally, I always bring fried chicken wings and drumsticks. They are nice eaten cold, as well. Cold salad containing tomatoes and cucumbers matches with the cold fried chicken.

Sorry ,what is pot luck? is it when you all get together and bring something to BBQ and a side dish ?
:okay:

Sorry ,what is pot luck? is it when you all get together and bring something to BBQ and a side dish ?
:okay:
Pretty much. It's an American tradition when a larger group of people get together and each person or family brings some food to share. That way no one has to prepare more than one dish, but a complete meal is provided.

Pretty much. It's an American tradition when a larger group of people get together and each person or family brings some food to share. That way no one has to prepare more than one dish, but a complete meal is provided.
I thought that was the case
Thanks for that

I like this thread because we usually do this when I was younger. The food that I bring is usually a meat dish. Most often it would be adobo, a Filipino dish with chicken and pork. It is cooked in vinegar and soy sauce and the mixture gives it a distinctive taste. What's good about adobo is its staying power, doesn't easily spoil even when out of the fridge for a time.

Back
Top Bottom