• ½ a bunch of fresh marjoram
  • a bunch of fresh thyme
  • a tbsp of capers in white vinegar
  • 1 lemon zest
  • 50 ml white wine
  • a pinch of salt and black ground pepper

Method

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.

Soak the old bread chunks in some lukewarm water not too long, just to soften up them, squeeze and crumble, set in a bowl with a tbsp of EVOO.

Finely slice a garlic clove along with black olives, capers, lemon zest and the herbs finely chopped as well – save some thyme sprigs – add to the bowl with the crumbled bread, a pinch of salt and black ground pepper and stir.

Rinse the sea bass under running water also inside, pat it try with kitchen paper, stuff the cavity of each fish with the mix of bread and herbs.

Heat a couple of olive oil tbsps in a pan, add the garlic clove, the sprigs of thyme, fry gently for 5 mins.

Transfer the seabass to the pan with a clove of garlic, thyme sprigs and 2 tbsp of olive oil, add white wine, pop into the oven and bake approx. for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, serve it with potatoes or whatever you like.

I can taste the olives, lemon and capers in every bite with a nice herbaceous broth, excellent. Had to look up Taggiasche olives and I'm assuming they're the same as Taggiasca olives. I really like the smaller fruitier olives.

Aww thanks a lot! I wish I had some myrtle too to brush the sea bass but I didn’t find it this time.
Yes Taggiasche is just the plural of Italian Taggiasca olives. I still get confused about the use of plural and singular in English 🙃

Back
Top Bottom