Recipe oven-roasted red beer chicken

Cthulhu

Local time
3:56 AM
this is a comfort food for me...

for 2 persons needs:
- half a free-range chicken cut into pieces (with skin)
- a bottle of red beer (I use a double malt)
- onion, garlic, a coffeespoon of brown sugar or honey
- herbs and spices (for this one I used Louisiana cajun mix* and rosemary)
- salt

*the one I use is made with this ingredients (dk if it's like the original!) thyme, red onion, garlic, sweet pepper, oregano, black pepper, mustard, red pepper, cumin.

1645172381379.png

I start preparing in the casserole the beer with the spices, herbs, onion and garlic mixed in, than put the chicken (skin downface) into it, cover the casserole and put in the fridge to rest. usually I prepare this bath in the morning if I would eat the chicken in the evening...
after the rest, I take it out of the fridge and wait half an hour to bring it to room temperature, turn the chicken pieces with the skin up then salt and bake it at 180 degrees for an hour. to toast the skin more, I raise the oven to 220 and let it go until the color is to my liking.

to be served with its cooking juices :D buon appetito

little trick for super baked potatoes : before putting them in the oven, let the potatoes cut into pieces (like in the picture or bigger) rest in a bowl of water in which you have added salt until saturated. the water will turn white because the potatoes will release starch and absorb the salt. Drain them well and they are ready to be baked, they will become very soft inside with a nice external crust and will be super tasty!

Last edited:
Looking good. I think those Louisiana spice mixes probably vary a lot. I doubt there is a definitive mix.
a coffeespoon

This isn't a term normally used in recipes. Standard recipe spoon measures are teaspoon (tsp) and tablespoon (tbs) or fractions thereof.
How much is a coffee spoon?

Looking good. I think those Louisiana spice mixes probably vary a lot. I doubt there is a definitive mix.

This isn't a term normally used in recipes. Standard recipe spoon measures are teaspoon (tsp) and tablespoon (tbs) or fractions thereof.
How much is a coffee spoon?
sorry...it's a spoon very little, I think it could be half a teaspoon

1645194096788.png

Back
Top Bottom