• 2 tblsp Olive oil
  • 500 gm Chicken pieces
  • 1 Small onion, minced
  • 6 Garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 Thai chillis, minced
  • 1 handfull Basil, shredded.
  • 1 egg, fried

Method

Slice the chicken thinly and keep aside.

Mix the chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a jug until blended together.

Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and chillis and continue to fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes.

Add the sauce and continue to cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the basil, cook for a few more seconds then remove from the heat.

Serve with white rice and the fried egg.

This is a great easy recipe to make Yorky. Thai basil has a different flavour profile to 'regular' basil. Its increasingly available in supermarkets here, in grow pots.

Not only is it easy it is also extremely tasty. I don't know why I (we) don't make it more often. I used to enjoy Padt Krapow Moo (pork) from a hotel restaurant in town but we haven't been there in an age.

Ingredients.
  • 80 ml Chicken stock
  • 1 tblsp Soy sauce
  • 2 tsp Fish sauce
  • 1 tsp Sugar
  • 2 tblsp Olive oil
  • 500 gm Chicken pieces
  • 1 Small onion, minced
  • 6 Garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 Thai chillis, minced
  • 1 handfull Basil, shredded.
  • 1 egg, fried

Method

Slice the chicken thinly and keep aside.

Mix the chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar in a jug until blended together.

Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and chillis and continue to fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes.

Add the sauce and continue to cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the basil, cook for a few more seconds then remove from the heat.

Serve with white rice and the fried egg.

I'm going to make this, it's easy and I have everything. I was surprised no lemon grass or galangal?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom