Recipe Palak Paneer In Just 4 Minutes

Ramana

Local time
12:59 PM
Website
easytocookrecipesforbeginners.blogspot.com
Palak-paneer-min.jpg

I will show you how you can make palak paneer in just four minutes. To know how to make it read this article and try it yourself.
This is a North Indian recipe prepared with paneer (cottage cheese) and spinach with smooth consistency. With some Indian spices it becomes even more tastier.

Ingredients
Palak – 1 bundle
Paneer – 250 gm.
Ghee/Oil- 2tbsp.
Cumin Seeds- 2tsp.
Coriander Powder- 2tsp.
Garam masala – 1tsp.
1 green chilli – finely chopped (Optional)
Ginger garlic paste- 2Tsp.
Salt- to taste
Red Chilli powder- ½ tsp. (for more spicy you can add more)

Preparation
1). Wash Spinach thoroughly under running water and add it to cooking pot covered to cook.

2) Check after 5 minutes the colour of spinach should have changed and is ready. Let it cool down.

3) Add the spinach and a very little water to grinder and make a smooth paste. Take it out from the grinder and keep it aside.

4) Heat 2tbsp oil/ ghee in cooking pot and add cumin seeds, let it crackle a little for few seconds.

5) Add 2tsp ginger garlic paste, 2tsp coriander powder and red chilli powder. Also add paneer and sauté it on medium flame till raw flavour of ginger garlic has gone and paneer has become little red.

6) Add spinach and 1tsp of garam masala and salt according to your taste. Cook it covered on medium flame for 3 minutes. Switch off the flame and transfer it to serving bowl.

7) Serve hot with rice, naan, tandoori roti and enjoy with your friends and family.

Last edited:
I love palak paneer - I notice you cook the spinach before blending. What I've discovered is that if you blend it raw, the colour is more vibrant - and it makes the preparation even faster!

Here is my version: Recipe - Palak Paneer (Spinach with Paneer)

Just a note - I'm not sure why your recipe states 'in just four minutes'. The times in steps 2 and 6 of the method add up to 15 mins.

I love palak paneer - I notice you cook the spinach before blending. What I've discovered is that if you blend it raw, the colour is more vibrant - and it makes the preparation even faster!

Just a note - I'm not sure why your recipe states 'in just four minutes'. The times in steps 2 and 6 of the method add up to 15 mins.

Your recipe is nice too will definitely try your version minus frying the paneer. I am trying to make the recipe cook time as short as possible, also retaining the flavour, so that people have easy recipes at hand.
When you buy spinach just give it a pressure in pressure cooker. Cool it and blend it to smooth paste. Since it is pressure cooked you only need to cook it for 3 minutes covered with the steps mentioned above and its ready.

Last edited:
When you buy spinach just give it a pressure in pressure cooker. Cool it and blend it to smooth paste. Since it is pressure cooked you only need to cook it for 3 minutes covered with the steps mentioned above and its ready.

Ok - I note you edited the recipe to state 3 mins cooking time at stage 6 instead of 10 minutes.

My instinct with spinach is to cook for as little time as possible. Personally, I think a using a pressure cooker to cook spinach is overkill. On the other hand, I do know that Indian cooks use the pressure cooker as almost second nature. I do have one but rarely use it. I think I'm a bit scared of it!

Ok - I note you edited the recipe to state 3 mins cooking time at stage 6 instead of 10 minutes.

My instinct with spinach is to cook for as little time as possible. Personally, I think a using a pressure cooker to cook spinach is overkill. On the other hand, I do know that Indian cooks use the pressure cooker as almost second nature. I do have one but rarely use it. I think I'm a bit scared of it!
Thank you so much Morning Glory for your valuable interaction with me.Since I am simply sharing the recipes routinely made in our home sometimes by me or my mother there are some practices which have continued.So your reaction made me ask my mother why we always steam the spinach first before using it.So this is what she said:
Since we stay in a hot climate in India and our farming methods are also more natural the keeping quality of greens like spinach in raw form is poor.Especially these days when the humidity is also high the leaves start rotting very fast.Besides in rainy season the probability of being infested with worms and their eggs is also there.
Infact our traditional medicine Ayurveda forbids having greens and even vegetables like brinjals in the rainy season. But while flouting this rule ,which my grandmother still follows ,we take extra care in cleaning and steaming .
You may find some of our leading chefs too blanching spinach in boiling hot water and then putting it in ice cold water to retain the colour.While this may drain off the nutrients it may be better for eliminating oxalates if a person has a problem with them.
So this is the reason why perhaps I will not be allowed to blend raw spinach for fear of blending worms along with it.
Nothing professional about my posts..... just homely stuff which we try to make simple and healthy

Back
Top Bottom