Recipe Paleo Coconut Fried Pork Chops

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Local time
1:44 PM
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com
pork-chop-coconut-egg-cabbage-paleo.jpg

(Paleo boneless pork chop with coconut flake batter. On the side is the remnant of the egg used for the batter, and some raw shredded red cabbage as a crunchy side).

This served just me, but go ahead and double or quadruple. You won’t as you will see, need to double or quadruple the egg – I’m thinking one egg should do fine for up to four chops. With the flour and coconut, just have enough on hand to add to the chops, as needed, no point in wasting.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Rest Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1

Paleo Coconut Fried Pork Chops

• 1 boneless pork chop, .75-1 inch thick.
  • 1/4 cup (or less) potato starch, tapioca flour, or arrowroot flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup (or less) coconut flakes
  • sea salt, freshly ground pepper, some optional turmeric powder
  • A tablespoon or two of avocado or other healthy cooking oil

Set up dipping stations, one for the starch/flour, one for the egg, one for the coconut flakes.

On both sides of the chop, sprinkle a LITTLE salt, and some ground pepper. (We’re not playing Gordon Ramsay with the salt shaker here!)

Dip the chop(s) one by one into the flour, then the egg, then the coconut flakes, aiming for good coverage.

Heat the oil in a large skillet to medium. Add each pork chop, cover with a splatter guard, and allow to cook for 8 minutes per side, or until done. Before turning, I sprinkled on the turmeric — for the health bennies. I did not add enough to affect flavor. I also turned the chop on the two long sides for about a minute each, to brown the coconut.

When there was about 3 minutes left of skillet cooking time, I fried up what was left of the egg as an impromptu omelet in the same pan. Why waste it? (One egg would be able to coat 3, possibly 4, chops.) I set up a bed of raw shredded cabbage in one corner of the plate.

Rest the pork chop(s) for about 5 minutes on the serving plate. When ready to eat, drizzle some optional teriyaki sauce over (mine is gluten-free from San-J). Add a healthy salad dressing of your choice to whatever salad you have on the side. (In lieu of making my own, I used Annie’s Balsamic Vinaigrette, which is creamy, tangy, and not sweet).

Back
Top Bottom