• A teaspoon of Garam-Masala
  • A pinch of turmeric
  • Parsley, a small tuft
  • EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
  • a small glass of lukewarm water
  • A small onion, thinly sliced
  • salt, a pinch

Method

Heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a non-stick frying pan and fry the thinly sliced onion for 2-3 minutes, then let it wilt gently adding the small glass of warm water, cover with a lid. Now add the tomatoes (whole or halved), the Taggiasche olives (I recommend keeping them whole as they are pretty small), a tsp of capers, the parsley, a pinch of salt, stir, then a teaspoon of Garam-Masala and a pinch of turmeric, stir again and cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.

Now it is the turn of the sea bream fillets to be placed in the pan, let them cook quickly for a couple of mins on both sides letting them flavour by sprinkling them with the sauce.

Serve.

Last edited:
Looks (and sounds) fascinating!
How did the garam masala go with the olives?

Thank you! :thankyou:
I have been happily surprised by how Garam Masala matched with olives, probably because of their variety and taste which is slightly sweet. I definitely will use them again with GM 🙂👍🏻

Last edited:
Thank you! :thankyou:
I have been happily surprised by how Garam Masala matched with olives, probably because of their variety and taste which is slightly sweet. I definitely will use them again with GM 🙂👍🏻

I love the use of olives here, and the blend with garam masala is definitely intriguing!

Back
Top Bottom