Recipe Paprika Smoked Baby Back Ribs (Cooked Inside!)

murphyscreek

Veteran
Local time
11:18 PM
P1060216fb.jpg

1 rack baby back ribs (halved)

Spice Rub Ingredients

4 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp mustard powder
3 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Glaze Ingredients

Juice of 1 orange
2 tbsp honey

Smoking Ingredients

1/3 cup jasmine rice
1 tbsp green tea leaves
1 tbsp sweet paprika

Method

Combine spice rub ingredients and rub all over ribs. Leave at least 2 hours but preferably longer (overnight). Wrap ribs tightly in foil and place in a low oven (150 degrees celsius) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. When cooked through, remove from foil and glaze with orange juice/honey. Place under a hot grill (broiler) until glaze starts caramelising and becomes really sticky.

Create a wok smoker by lining with foil, heating on a mod/high heat, and spreading smoking ingredients over the base. When smoking starts place round rack (or vege steamer basket) above the smoke source, and place lid on wok. When plenty of smoke is trapped, turn off heat and leave ribs in the smoke for 4-5 minutes.
Serve with sauce of choice or without as they are quite tasty as is.

Demo video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrItzQMqcNo

Last edited:
When cooked through, remove from foil and glaze with orange juice/honey. Place under a hot grill (broiler) until glaze starts caramelising and becomes really sticky.
This is where the magic happens. Wow, does this look good!

I'm also a huge fan of smoke paprika. I will need to buy a bigger jar, since I used most of it with my recipe.

I usually cut my smoked paprika with regular paprika, 50/50. I like a smoky taste, but I prefer it to be a bit on the subtle side.
When I made my recipe with all smoked paprika, I came to that conclusion: I wanted some heat, but there was nothing there.

Back
Top Bottom