mypinchofitaly.co.uk

Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 5 -10 mins

• Parmesan, grated: 80 g
  • Paprika, sweet: 1 tsp
  • Poppy seeds: 1 tsp
  • Thyme, dried: 1tsp
  • Turmeric: 1 tsp

Method

Divide the cheese into four small bowls, then add to each of the bowls a teaspoon of a different spice. Mix the cheese in each bowl thoroughly so that the spices distribute evenly.

Take an oven tray lined with baking paper and flip the bowls over it. The content of each bowl will fall onto the tray in a small heap.

Tip: If you prefer, you can also divide the cheese after placing it onto the tray and just add a different spice to each small heap of Parmesan.

Each small heap of cheese will become the main body of the lollipop: use a pastry cutter, a glass or a spoon to arrange the cheese into a nicely shaped disc.

Place a wooden onto each one of the discs: one end of the stick should reach the center of the parmesan disc. Make sure the part of the stick that is onto the cheese is well covered in Parmesan, so that the lollipop will not break apart.

Bake at 180°C for about 5-10 minutes (it depends on your oven).

Tip: Leave the lollipops to cool down completely before you lift them from the tray, as they will be soft when you take them out of the oven.

I make something similar, minus the sticks, for front-porch snacking during the summer.

I love these snacks, the sticks were an idea of the last moment just to give a slightly different visual twist, but it worked well.

And I also prepare Parmesan baskets in which to serve rice, usually rice salad, or a mixed salad.

Back
Top Bottom