Pasta Bar

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
8:37 AM
I'm thinking of hosting a small New Years Eve get together for 8-12 people. I was thinking of trying my hand at a pasta bar.

What do you suggest that I provide with the pasta bar? I also don't want to spend a silly amount of money on this. Please keep that in mind lol.

I'm thinking of making a few different pasta's, a few different sauces (red and a white sauce), chicken, steak, grilled veggies, ect....Then everyone can make their own pasta dish using whatever ingredients that I have already prepared?

I googled "pasta bar". Something like this.

Header-Image_800x550.jpg

IMHO, pasta needs to be served as soon as it is ready and not "hang out" until folks are ready to eat. The exceptions are pasta salads. One of our favorite sauces to go with a mushroom featured pasta dish (usually ravioli) is a brown butter sage sauce.

IMHO, pasta needs to be served as soon as it is ready and not "hang out" until folks are ready to eat. The exceptions are pasta salads. One of our favorite sauces to go with a mushroom featured pasta dish (usually ravioli) is a brown butter sage sauce.

The only thing that would be prepared ahead of time is the additions to the pasta. I wouldn't cook the actual pasta until it was time to eat. And I feel like I could do that because it's going to be a small gathering

Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, cherry tomatoes, bacon

Cheesy garlic bread
Prosciutto-wrapped breadsticks

Minestrone

Marinara sauce
Alfredo sauce
Pesto sauce
Red and/or white clam sauce

Meatballs
Sausage

Ravioli

Steamed broccoli or asparagus

Tiramisu
Cannoli

I might skip the beef and chicken Etc.

Last edited:
The only thing that would be prepared ahead of time is the additions to the pasta. I wouldn't cook the actual pasta until it was time to eat. And I feel like I could do that because it's going to be a small gathering
I can see that working well with fresh pasta - it cooks very quickly. On the other hand, if you used dried pasta, especially wholewheat, it can take an age to cook.

Back
Top Bottom