Pasta, Pasta, Pasta

Karen W

Über Member
Local time
9:22 AM
I love pasta! Fat pasta, skinny pasta, long pasta, short pasta, stuffed or layered, homemade or store bought. Hot or cold. It's all good. Do you have a favorite pasta dish? Do you make your own? Any tips or tricks?

I used to eat a cook a lot of pasta when my kids were young. They all loved it and it was easy to vary the ingredients and include lots of vegetables. Sadly, I think this rendered me with pasta overload! I'm not very keen on it these days unless its something like ravioli. I do still make pasta dishes though (posted one yesterday) and sometimes I make my own pasta.

A few I like are Pastitsio (Greek), Pad Thai Noodle (Asian), anything and everything Italian, and homemade flavored, plain or whole wheat/grain. Manicotti or stuffed shells, linguine and clams or clam sauce, cold pasta salad. The list goes on.

It would look nice in my apothecary jar on the kitchen counter.

e8d80b34c9b80b928e376c5db5863f96.jpg

Last edited:
Since Spring is here, pasta primavera (pasta with vegetables) and lamb chops are calling me. I've heard of spaghetti cooked in red wine, and want to find a recipe to try. Beef Stroganoff over broad egg noodles is another favorite. Pasta con broccoli (pasta w broccoli, butter & parmesan cheese) is quick and delicious. So many pasta dishes that I enjoy. Hard to pick one.

An excellent source, for me, re homemade pasta is recipetips.com. ,under Homemade Pasta. Easy step-by-step instructions and pics on everything from making the dough to flavored pasta, i.e. spinach, broccoli, beet, carrot, herb tomato, skid ink, etc. I dusted off the Imperia, and made lemon pasta simply topped w butter, lemon pepper and parmesan cheese, with steamed asparagus alongside.

One of the best & easiest to follow homade pasta resources, imo.

Recipetips.com
Homemade pasta

A quick and easy go-to I grew up with - cottage cheese & noodles. Mix cooked & drained broad egg noodles with butter, a pinch of salt and cottage cheese. Simple and delicious. More than the sum of its' parts.

Back
Top Bottom