Recipe Peach Cobbler

ally79

Veteran
Local time
11:04 AM
Peach cobbler is one of my favorite desserts of all time, especially if it is topped with vanilla ice cream and still warm out of the oven.

Ingredients:
9 fresh peaches
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter, chilled
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.Submerge peaches in boiling water for about 1 minute. The amount of time required to make the skin easy to peel varies with the degree of ripeness: if really ripe, it may take less time. Remove peaches with a slotted spoon, and run cold water on them. Slip off the skin. Cut peaches into wedges, and place in either a deep 10 inch pie plate or a 2 inch deep 2 quart baking dish. Toss peaches with lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Cover with foil.
3.Bake 15 minutes, or until the peaches are hot and bubbly
4.Whisk together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas. Pour buttermilk over top, and toss with a fork until the mixture clumps together. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough over the peaches. In a small cup, mix 2 teaspoons sugar and nutmeg. Sprinkle over biscuits.
5.Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Set dish on wire rack to cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

I probably should have posted this in desserts. So sorry about that! :)

Thank you so much for the recipe! It sounds so delicious! I have always loved peach cobbler especially with vanilla ice cream on top! My mother used to make it for us when we were younger. We've always had fruit trees growing up, and she would use the peaches to make cobblers and pies. I haven't made one in quite some time.
Thanks again for sharing! :)

This looks amazing! I love all kinds of cobblers, they are so good. I'm not a huge fan of peach (although this recipe sounds amazing), but blueberry cobbler is also delicious!

Back
Top Bottom