Recipe Peachy Summer Chicken

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
7:23 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Whilst rummaging around in my grannie's recipes folder looking for my Christmas cake recipe, I came across this recipe for chicken. I can't cite where it had come from or when it was printed, just the page number (22 if anyone is interested). I guess the magazine (?) didn't want to identify itself!

DSC_0377.JPG

This is so 50's/60's! @

Not likely as @SatNavSaysStraightOn is vegetarian!

This is so 50's/60's in style. In actual fact, its probably early/mid 70's publication, I would guess. I love to see old recipes - but I'm rather skeptical about this one working...
I am wondering how well the bay leaf and peaches would go together.

I am wondering how well the bay leaf and peaches would go together.

I don't know. Bay leaves are quite a mild thing so I don't suppose it would be that problematic. I just tend to think its quite a bland recipe with a bit of fruit thrown in at the end.

Please excuse me @SatNavSaysStraightOn. I am quite horrible, criticising your Grandma's recipes when I haven't even cooked them!

I don't know. Bay leaves are quite a mild thing so I don't suppose it would be that problematic. I just tend to think its quite a bland recipe with a bit of fruit thrown in at the end.

Please excuse me @SatNavSaysStraightOn. I am quite horrible, criticising your Grandma's recipes when I haven't even cooked them!
We must have different bay leaves. I use them with beef. I don't consider them as mild.
Now the peaches with nutmeg sounds good.

We must have different bay leaves. I use them with beef. I don't consider them as mild.
Now the peaches with nutmeg sounds good.

Bay leaves. Those leaves which grow on bay trees? There is a bay tree growing outside here. I'll go and pick a leaf.... I'm staying with my friend right now and I planted the bay tree (as a little shrub) here in his back yard. Its grown like Topsy! The leaves are rather big. It also looks like something has been munching on them! :D

Photo on 01-12-2016 at 00.50.jpg

Bay leaves aren't a strong taste IMHO. Savoury and a bit pungent but very mild compared to curry leaves or kaffir lime leaves (for example).

Bay leaves. Those leaves which grow on bay trees? There is a bay tree growing outside here. I'll go and pick a leaf.... I'm staying with my friend right now and I planted the bay tree (as a little shrub) here in his back yard. Its grown like Topsy! The leaves are rather big. It also looks like something has been munching on them! :D

View attachment 4287

Bay leaves aren't a strong taste IMHO. Savoury and a bit pungent but very mild compared to curry leaves or kaffir lime leaves (for example).
Here we go again. I have never seen curry leaves or kaffir limes.
Yes same bay leaves.

My experience of bay leaves is that they are very mild as well. I have them growing here in my garden in Australia as well and they are just as mild. Most of the time I have never seen the point of adding them the taste is that little. I honestly don't know about what this would taste like. Perhaps someone who eats chicken and like photography could do the honours with a photo and taste test? <hint> :whistling:

I'll have a go but can't do it this week. Deadline for the Challenge isn't until Wednesday, so I can possibly do this early next week. Its an easy enough recipe.

Back
Top Bottom