Recipe Peanut Butter Cream Pie

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
6:33 AM
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM PIE
As many of you know baking is not Forte . I much prefer savory cooking. In the spirit of a family Thanksgiving gathering I made desert. In the spirit of our Nut Challenge I made a Peanut Butter Cream Pie. No - I did not make my own crust. I did not whip cream. I am sure it would taste better if I had. Doesn't matter. My family went nuts over my nutty pie.

INGREDIENTS
1 Frozen Deep Dish Pie Crust - 9" - Baked
1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter (I am a Jiff fan)
1 8 oz. package non dairy whipped toping (Cool Whip)
4 oz. full fat Cream Cheese - room temperature
1 Cup powdered sugar
1TBSP Heavy Cream
1 Cup Roasted, Salted Peanuts - chopped
Pinch sea salt

METHOD
. Heat oven to 375 degrees F
. If using frozen pie crust - defrost
. Chop Peanuts. Press 1/4 cup chopped nuts into the sides and bottom of crust. Line crust with parchment paper. Fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Carefully lift the paper and beans from the crust. Prick the crust all over with a fork to prevent bubbles. Return the crust to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes - until the crust is golden brown and fully cooked. Set aside, allow to cool completely.
. Remove whipped topping from the freezer and allow to defrost 20 - 30 minutes
. In a large bowl beat together peanut butter, Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, cream and salt.
. Use a large spatula to fold 1/2 of whipped topping into the peanut butter mixture. When combined fold in the rest of the whipped topping.
. Transfer the filling to the cool crust. Smooth the top and sprinkle with the remaining chopped peanuts.
. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Do not remove from the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This pie is very rich so serve thin slices.

20211125_134723.jpg

A lot of recipes use an Oreo Cookie crust. I actually bought a pack of Oreos. Changed my mind at the last minute because I was afraid the Oreo crust would make the pie too sweet. Good decision. The pie was sweet enough.
Speaking of Reese's pie, for Thanksgiving Reese put our a limited number of 9" "pies" - a giant peanut butter cup. Sold out immediately at $400.00 a pop.

When I started reading the ingredients, I thought to myself, "of course, I will use chunky peanut butter instead". But, then I realized that you're creating a very chunky bite with all the chopped peanuts. Pressing them into the crust? Great idea. And, I also like that this is a simple recipe that even a fellow fan of savory cooking can put together pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom