Recipe Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Pat

Veteran
Local time
2:18 PM
I often cook without a recipe, I just decide I would to try to combine items to see how it comes out.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

2 Cups Oatmeal
1 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 egg
cinnamon to taste
1 cup of pancake mix add 1/4 teaspoon baking power
1/2 cup strong coffe

Mix well
pat the cookie down when placed on cookie sheet to make a nice thin crispy cook.
Bake at 375 degrees

Taste like girl scout cookies

Hmm.. This is something new for an Oatmeal Cookies... What I usually bake is an Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.. The reason why I like using oats and raisins for baking cookies is that it has a lot of fiber and a very healthy kind of cookies. Thanks for your recipe and I think I will give this a try. :)

This does sound like it would be a winner. I usually make peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies because I don't like raisins. I bet these cookies would taste even more delicious with some chocolate chips added. Ah, look at me, I can't leave well enough alone, I have to modify all recipes.

Sounds really good; I would have never thought to put pancake mix into a cookie recipe, but then again, I have made cookies using Bisquick as a base, so now it makes perfect sense! Thanks for sharing.

I was thinking this is a sure bet for me as the ingredients seem to be things I have in my cupboard and then I saw the pancake mix which I don't have at present. I guess I can always pick some up. Like someone said, it sounds like a winner.

You do not have to use pancake mix, it is the flour I have on hand at the moment. I try to keep some baking mix in the house but when it is not here and I really need to make something I use pancake mix if I have it. Making cookies is a stress release for me.

I like the addition of the coffee as a bitter. Makes total sense with the sugar & peanut butter taking over the sweet end. How dramatically does the coffee alter the colour?

I love putting cinnamon in oatmeal cookies. I had not thought of coffee though, that is a new one to try. It sounds very good.

We make peanut butter cookies a lot,though I do find them a little dry with a very dense but short texture,but great with a glass of milk
I will try your recipe ,they are selling pancake mix off at the supermarket after shrove Tuesday

I often cook without a recipe, I just decide I would to try to combine items to see how it comes out.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Mix well
pat the cookie down when placed on cookie sheet to make a nice thin crispy cook.
Bake at 375 degrees

Taste like girl scout cookies

How long are the cookies baked for? I actually went out and bought.the pancake mix and now I am kind of nervous and not sure I am really ready to pull this off as simple as it is. I think you have to be in the mood to try something new even when it's simple. Further, I like to get my timing right.

Back
Top Bottom