200g prepared Brussels sprouts
400g frozen peas
50g butter
50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Zest and juice of one orange
1tsp sugar
Sea salt and black pepper

Method
Cook the Brussels sprouts in boiling, salted water for 5 mins or until nearly tender, add the peas, bring to the boil and simmer for a further 2 mins. Drain and place into a warm serving dish. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small heavy based frying pan.
When the butter is foaming add the chopped nuts and fry for one minute until slightly golden. Add the orange juice and the sugar and boil for a further minute.
Add the grated orange zest. Season with a little black pepper and pour over the sauce making sure that they are well covered.

Serves 6

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examvi...can-make-from-christmas-leftovers-304105.html
http://www.peas.org/recipes/recipe/peas-and-brussels-sprouts-with-hazelnut-and-orange-glaze/

This sounds great. Two of my favorite vegetables. Thanks for the great recipe. This is going to be added to my Christmas dinner menu. I can't wait to try it. :)

This sounds great. Two of my favorite vegetables. Thanks for the great recipe. This is going to be added to my Christmas dinner menu. I can't wait to try it. :)
Interestingly enough I don't have brussels sprouts on my shopping list ever. But the way they have been popping up here ever so often has me thinking I should get some. Only last weekend I was in the supermarket and there they were staring me in the face and as tempted as I was to grab some I decided against it. I saw the sprouts and immediately Classic 33 came to mind not surprisingly.

Interestingly enough I don't have brussels sprouts on my shopping list ever. But the way they have been popping up here ever so often has me thinking I should get some. Only last weekend I was in the supermarket and there they were staring me in the face and as tempted as I was to grab some I decided against it. I saw the sprouts and immediately Classic 33 came to mind not surprisingly.
Similar thoughts when you see Guinness©?

Reactions: L_B
Similar thoughts when you see Guinness©?
Correct! Absolutely! You should have seen me looking everywhere for the Guinness but strangely enough never found any in the supermarket. I don't suppose you run out of Guinness unless your recipes have reached people on the island and they are cleaning the shelves.

Back
Top Bottom