Peppadews

CraigC

Guru
Local time
2:52 PM
These things are addictive! I'll just keep eating them out of the jar. A little sweet and heat. Great in salads and on sandwiches.
Anyone else love these?

I discovered:

Peppadew is the brand name of sweet piquanté peppers grown in the Limpopo province of South Africa, sometimes referred to as sweet red cherry peppers. The fruit is processed for removal of the seeds and reduction of the heat of the pepper to more pleasant levels. It is then pickled and bottled.

I do rather like them although I like any sort of chilli really! They are often served stuffed with cream cheese as an appetiser. Have you tried using them to make a sauce?

Recipe here for chicken: Mary Berry's chicken with peppadew peppers | Healthy Food Guide

There were peppadews out on the olive bar at Kroger today.

There were peppadews out on the olive bar at Kroger today.
Many grocery stores have them like that. If someone doesn't know what they are, I wonder how many try them out of curiosity? Like people eating canned tuna, Albacore is garbage IMO. Yellowfin (packed in olive oil), is a far superior product, especially brands from Spain or Italy. Some have tried Yellowfin on my recommendation and found out it is true.

Back
Top Bottom