Peppers and their introduction to Japan

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
12:56 AM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
Slightly off topic from the Cooking Bites Recipe Challenge, but here is an article about the history of peppers in Japan. I find things like this fascinating - just learning about when certain foods were introduced to the country interests me!

Also, just a fun fact - green peppers are the most hated veggie by Japanese kids! I don't know why, but it seems to be a big thing (I guess like when I grew up in Australia and every kid hated Brussels Sprouts - myself included!)

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/20...getable-hated-japanese-children/#.VsRcC49OKP9

It's actually right on topic @cupcakechef. Of course the first thing that struck me was the picture of the dish. By now most should know I love to see an image and the dish present in your link looks great for the The Challenge. It even has eggplants another ingredient from the The Challenge.

Absolutely right on topic. So much so that I've added the CookingBites Challenge tag to your post. One of the main points of the Challenge is to get us all to explore a particular ingredient and your link does just that!

Last edited:
Very interesting article and thank you for posting. I think it is a great addition to the challenge.
It is great to learn new things.

Back
Top Bottom