Perfect scrambled eggs

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:51 AM
This is a spin-off from another thread (Using the right kitchen utensils). Here is my idea of how perfect scrambled eggs should look. Do you agree? If not post an alternative picture! And... how do you cook the perfect scrambled eggs?

Perfect-scrambled-eggs-005.jpg

I don't like my scrambled eggs to be runny.
I prefer them a bit drier then the above picture
and sometimes I will add cheese to them.

With a rubber spatula, you want to slowly pull the egg that's
getting cooked in from the sides of the pan toward the middle,
which will create a fluffy egg.

(Don't stir too much or you'll get dried out eggs.)

Attachments

• RE0902H_sunnys-perfect-scrambled-cheesy-eggs_s4x3 (1).jpg
    RE0902H_sunnys-perfect-scrambled-cheesy-eggs_s4x3 (1).jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 283
I don't like my scrambled eggs to be runny.
I prefer them a bit drier then the above picture
and sometimes I will add cheese to them.

With a rubber spatula, you want to slowly pull the egg that's
getting cooked in from the sides of the pan toward the middle,
which will create a fluffy egg.

(Don't stir too much or you'll get dried out eggs.)

Well that looks pretty good to me!

I would love my scrambled egg fluffy not runny. I am still trying to achieve that texture but sadly I do not know which technique or ingredient will help. I tried putting milk and or creme but none seemed to work. Others told me to add a teaspoon of water and it will do the trick but it ended being runny. How do you guys make a perfect fluffy not rubbery

I use milk and whisk them really good before I pour them in the hot pan. Then with a rubber spatula I constantly work the eggs are they cook as I indicated above and I always have fluffy scrambled eggs.

I guess I would get a failing grade with my scramble egg. Mine are perfectly imperfect and it does not even closely resemble anything above. No one here likes too much moisture so we end up with pretty dry scramble eggs. Closer to this or much drier.
scrambled-eggs.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer mine to be more on the dry side instead of the wet. I think they taste so much better that way. I am sure yours are very good. They don't have to look pretty to be good. :)

I like scrambled egg to be a bit runny. My husband makes perfect scrambled eggs but the best ever was when we were in St Lucia and they were served for breakfast, I should imagine there was a lot of butter and/or cream but they were delicious.

I would love my scrambled egg fluffy not runny. I am still trying to achieve that texture but sadly I do not know which technique or ingredient will help. I tried putting milk and or creme but none seemed to work. Others told me to add a teaspoon of water and it will do the trick but it ended being runny. How do you guys make a perfect fluffy not rubbery

I think the technique described by @L_B above is a good one. I always melt butter in the pan first and mix a
splash of cream or milk (not too much) into the eggs. Then I cook on a lowish heat really slowly and pull them off the heat before they look quite done.

I think the technique described by @L_B above is a good one. I always melt butter in the pan first and mix a
splash of cream or milk (not too much) into the eggs. Then I cook on a lowish heat really slowly and pull them off the heat before they look quite done.
I agree. The butter will help achieve the texture I am going for and thanks to L_B for sharing the technique. I also personally like the photo uploaded by winterybella I think I like my scrambled eggs to be a bit dry. I see some herbs and spices on her photo too I think it really looks delicious.

Reactions: L_B
I like my scrambled eggs soft and pillowy. Usually with a lot of mushroom and vegetables to add nutrients to my breakfast. I cook it in butter or olive oil, add some salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste. When I eat it alone I add a lot of garlic and onions but my family doesn't like it so I cater to them and add just a little. LOL

I like my scrambled eggs dry. Most of my food is well done as I prefer to hide the original taste. That is how I have my steaks too! Well done like my eggs.

I like my scrambled eggs soft and pillowy. Usually with a lot of mushroom and vegetables to add nutrients to my breakfast. I cook it in butter or olive oil, add some salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste. When I eat it alone I add a lot of garlic and onions but my family doesn't like it so I cater to them and add just a little. LOL
Soft and pillowy - I like that!:happy:

I like my scrambled eggs on the drier side as well. I don't like them runny and my kids won't eat them if there is some that is slightly runny. I always add cheese to my scrambled eggs. I cook my eggs in butter. I like to use a silicone spatula for moving the eggs around the pan. I find the eggs really get stuck to a wooden spoon and clean up is difficult. A good nonstick pan is key to making great scrambled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom