Recipe Pesto-Ranch Potato Wedges

Milkduds

Local time
8:49 AM
This is a fast, simple, and delicious side dish. Most of the work is done for you via ranch dressing mix and bottled pesto.

Ingredients:

2-3 large potatoes washed and scrubbed. You can leave the peel on or peel them, your preference. My peels got crispy which I like.
1 package ranch dressing mix
1/4 c pesto
1/3 c EVOO.

In a large mixing bowl mix the ranch dressing mix, the pesto, and the evoo. Then cut the potatoes into thick wedges. Toss them in the pesto mixture and arrange in a baking sheet or cake pan. I had better results with the baking sheet. they never got very brown in the cake pan.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes on bottom shelf of oven. This time is an estimate but start watching at about 20 minutes because I was busy with something else and almost burned them.

I started with 4 potatoes but didn't need them all.

I'm going to try this. I don't have any ranch dressing mix, but I did just buy a box of onion soup mix, and I have one of the packets as yet unspoken for, so I'm trying it with this. Thanks!

Clever idea to use the pesto to cook the potatoes in. My only thought is that pesto already contains loads of oil so does it really need extra olive oil?

Clever idea to use the pesto to cook the potatoes in. My only thought is that pesto already contains loads of oil so does it really need extra olive oil?
Yes the ranch mix absorbs it all. Just the mix and the pesto made a very thick paste so I had to add enough to make it thin enough to toss the potatoes in.

Back
Top Bottom