Philippine adobo

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
9:36 PM
The adobo is the most popular Philippine dish in America. There is a movie with the title American adobo which means the dish adopted by Americans. The main ingredient can be chicken or pork or both chicken and pork. It is sauteed in crushed garlic, vinegar and soy sauce. And when semi-cooked, the meat is fried before mixing again with the sauce. Adobo is best with steamed rice but it can also be eaten with bread.

I've had pork adobo in the States and I loved it! I don't know how authentic it is compared to Philippine adobo, but it was certainly yummy! We had it as part of a rice bowl, but I definitely think like you said it would be good with bread.

448900.jpg
I found this as a chicken adobo dish. I am big on soy sauce which I am told is not good for me but I still do like the sound and look of this dish.

I have some adobo seasoning here right now, but I have never tried to use it in a chicken dish or anything of that type. I usually use it when I am making something Southrwestern like fajitas or chili or something. Adobo is used a lot in Mexican or Southwestern food here. Chicken adobo sounds like it would be good though. I might put that on my to do list of things to make.

Back
Top Bottom