Recipe Pickled mushrooms

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:02 PM
Another recipe with allspice.

400g of shimeji (you can use other mushrooms)
1 shallot (finely chopped)
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fennel (the fennel tops) or dill
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 tbsp of wine vinegar

Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and the mushrooms. Fry for 3 - 4 minutes and season with salt and black pepper. Add the shallot, garlic and fennel tops and allspice and fry for another minute, then deglaze the pan with the red wine vinegar. These will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge or you could cover in olive-oil and bottle them.

You can just slice some large portobello mushrooms and salt them add lemon juice ,garlic and a little oil ,and herbs of your choice the mushrooms will chemically cook ,
Or even a a la greque so you cook the mushrooms and cool them for a anti pasto dish ,all great if you like the raw mushroom texture,
I do !

You can just slice some large portobello mushrooms and salt them add lemon juice ,garlic and a little oil ,and herbs of your choice the mushrooms will chemically cook ,
Or even a a la greque so you cook the mushrooms and cool them for a anti pasto dish ,all great if you like the raw mushroom texture,
I do !

Gosh! A la Greque! I used to make that back in the early 80's. For some reason it was popular then (or at least, I thought it was because I used to serve it at diner parties!). The reference has brought back all sorts of memories.

Gosh! A la Greque! I used to make that back in the early 80's. For some reason it was popular then (or at least, I thought it was because I used to serve it at diner parties!). The reference has brought back all sorts of memories.
Yep , late 70s before my training and 80s always on the horsderves trolley,along with endless repetoire compound salads with different dressings,good knife skills are gained not given,good practice
http://oddstuffmagazine.com/20-weird-and-unusual-restaurants-around-the-world.html

Back
Top Bottom