Pie funnels. Do you use them?

Now I’m wondering what happened to my grandmom’s…I want them! :laugh:

I'm still not really sure how to use them, lol. Guess I'll Google.
You just stick it in the middle of the pie, beak up. It acts in place of cutting steam vents in the top crust. It’s hollow, so the steam is funneled out through the bird’s beak.

My mum's looked like this. Rather dull in comparison to those posted here.

T1_Tall Victorian Pie Funnel.jpg

My mum's looked like this. Rather dull in comparison to those posted here.

View attachment 81500
Looks like it's easier to store in a drawer or cupboard. I really don't want some goofy bird hanging out on my countertop, my friends would think I am daft (because none of them would know what it was either and probably wouldn't say anything about it even if they noticed the ugly bird statuette, LOL). And of course I don't bake enough pies to justify owning one.

What's making me jealous is that after I posted about how to use it, I thought to myself, "Huh...steam comin' out, like it's breathin' smoke...oughta be a pie dragon!" - then I googled pie dragon, and sure enough, they (used to?) make them! Now I really want one!

What's making me jealous is that after I posted about how to use it, I thought to myself, "Huh...steam comin' out, like it's breathin' smoke...oughta be a pie dragon!" - then I googled pie dragon, and sure enough, they (used to?) make them! Now I really want one!
Yeah, now THAT would be a cool thing on my countertop. I bet Windigo would like one and would start making pies, LOL!

Oh my, and of course with my rather juvenile sense of humor, I thought of other forms that could be used that would be funny, LOL. A whale or dolphin blow hole, a human in an compromising position, etc.

Back
Top Bottom