Pies and Pies!

ScandiBrit

Local time
10:28 PM
[Mod.Edit: Thread moved to Meat, Poultry and Game section]

Hi all

Where do I post my pie questions? I am wanting to really develop my pie making, especially homemade meat pies.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Love a good steak and Kidney. Funnily over here in Denmark they detest kidney and butcher gives it to me for free! rascal, there is a Kiwi here in Copenhagen, lovely bloke, who has a pie shop called Wild Kiwi Pies and he also said he would never make S&K but he was eventually forced to by his Brit clients! Also, Rascal, his pies are lovely, not soggy, not stodgy so wonder if pies where you are generally like that and if so, how do you do it??

Rich

I'll post my steak and kidney pie recipe here either later today or sometime tomorrow. I found it wonderful...

I did get the kidney for just about nothing. Not free, but certainly not a real price, considering it was locally-raised and all.

I did mine with the pastry just on top, but there's nothing keeping you from putting some at the bottom of the pan. (I just try to cut out a few carbs here and there.)

Hi

Love a good steak and Kidney. Funnily over here in Denmark they detest kidney and butcher gives it to me for free! rascal, there is a Kiwi here in Copenhagen, lovely bloke, who has a pie shop called Wild Kiwi Pies and he also said he would never make S&K but he was eventually forced to by his Brit clients! Also, Rascal, his pies are lovely, not soggy, not stodgy so wonder if pies where you are generally like that and if so, how do you do it??

Rich

I have home made (me) s and k pie in the freezer in the garage, pastry wrapped with filling inside. I'll put a pic up when I get one out.

Russ

For hand held meat pies, I usually look to the Caribbean and Mexico. Empanadas, Jamaican patties and I consider Tamales as pies. We'll be making some tamales this coming weekend, not turkey though.

Back
Top Bottom