Recipe Pineapple Fried Rice

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
1:21 PM
I love fried rice. I don't think I've ever had one that I didn't like, but some are truly delicious, and this one sounds to be that sort. I frequently have day old or 2-day old cooked rice in the fridge, so fried rice dishes are usually pretty quick and easy to make, and can be made with all sorts of nutritious ingredients. I don't have all of the ingredients for this available yet, but I plan to make it soon, because pineapple is a favorite in this house, and so is ham. http://damndelicious.net/2014/06/25/pineapple-fried-rice/

Thank you for sharing this. We, also, love fried rice. It is one of our favorite side dishes but we tend to make it much the same way every time. It may have different veggies and meat but the same idea. I really like the sound of this though. It sounds delightful l can't wait to give it a try.

Thank you for sharing this. We, also, love fried rice. It is one of our favorite side dishes but we tend to make it much the same way every time. It may have different veggies and meat but the same idea. I really like the sound of this though. It sounds delightful l can't wait to give it a try.

You're welcome! Pineapple and coconut are some of my favorites, so I tend to look for recipes including them. I love the idea of the ham and pineapple together in here, and I'll bet it would be great made with chicken or shrimp, as well :D:hungry:

Hmm, this is new to my eyes – pineapple fried rice. Is this the Hawaiian fried rice that I had been hearing? I have tasted bagoong rice in Thailand but not this one yet. What we usually have is the Chinese fried rice with sausage, spring onion and bits of fried scrambled egg. How about if I mix pineapple with that, what do you think? Maybe it would be a delicious variation of our fried rice.

I LOVE fried rice and I LOVE the flavor of rice in a lot of what I prepare but the two together is not going to happen soon for me. I am the person who's always quick to say that I have tried rice in every way imaginable but I might have to let this one pass. I am more in favour of having some pineapple chicken along with the fried rice, Yet I have to say it looks good-really good.

I never even thought to add pineapple to a fried rice dish, but it does sound nice!

I actually had a Hawaiian themed dinner a couple of weeks back, wish I would have thought of something like this to use as a side dish!

When I saw this thread I miss eating my pineapple fried rice that I am always cooking in my native country. My ingredients for my pineapple fried rice...Saute garlic and onion. Then add the cooked rice and the leftover chopped fried chicken or pork chop, chopped spam ham, green peas, chopped carrots, chopped onion leeks and pineapple tidbits. Seasoned with oyster sauce just a little to taste and a dash of pepper. This dish is my family's forever favorite fried rice. Now I am really missing this a lot :)

I like pineapple rice too and can eat lots of it. I make mine with peas and carrot sticks before throwing in sliced pineapples after the rice is boiled. I could eat it that way without stew and still boast of having had a good meal.:happy:

My mom makes the best fried rice but never has she put pineapple or ham in it. She always uses bbq pork, or chicken, Chinese sausage, egg, green onions, peas, oyster sauce and soy sauce. This sounds great. I will have to try it. I love pineapple and ham on a pizza. I imagine it would taste just as good in rice. Thanks for sharing.

I am always looking for ways to make rice more interesting and adding pineapple is not something I have ever considered. My children love both rice and pineapple, so this is definitely something I will try. Adding some smoked ham will be a nice combination I think.

I still haven't made it, because I forgot to buy meat when I was at the store. I am still debating between ham or shrimp, but I will probably eventually make it with both, so I probably shouldn't worry too much about which I use right now.

Great recipe. My family is Asian and we have rice by the bucket load and when there are excess rice I usually make my fried rice with vegetable and meat leftovers that I drench in secret sauces. Rice is great with white wine if you're having it for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom