Recipe Pitahaya or Dragon Fruit Rosa Cheese Mousse

Francesca

Local time
10:31 AM
Explosive and dazzling dynamic cinematic color of papayas, mangos, pithayas and passion fruit, imported or grown upon our islands, have become very popular for the Christmas Season ..

Here is a simple recipe which I found in an old old Spanish Magazine and shall be preparing to taste test for the week of December 26th ..

For 4 people
4 pitahayas rosas with a White interior that have a "kiwi " style tiny black edible seeds ..
50 grams of sugar in the raw ( an eco unbleached Golden colored sugar )
60 ml. mineral water
250 grams of Creme Fraîche
250 grams of Mascarpone
1 pinch of Marine Sea Salt - Fine ..
1 Pitahaya White for decorative scoops on top ( this is served in giant sized Martini stemware )
A Melon Scooper tool to make tiny balls for garnish
Martini Stemware to serve the Mousse in

1) Peel and dice the rose pitahayas .. and note: this is a thick pulp like texture like a kiwi but firmer ..
2) Place this diced fruit, wáter, Golden Brown sugar into a médium sized sauce pan and on a slow low flame let it combine and cook to créate a "thick salsa".
3) Let the mixture cool to room temperature .. and then place in a refrig for 1 hour in a large glass bowl ..
4) Now take the 2 cheeses and salt and combine with the pitahaya mixture ..
5) Use a food processor or a stand up mixer or a blender ..
6) Pre heat oven to 100 C degrees until firm but keep eye on ..
7) When it has jelled together like a thick mousse, take out and let cool ..
8) Place in refrig overnight ..
9) When ready to use place in Martini stemware ..
10) For the garnish, scoop out the White kiwi type flesh of the White pitahaya with a melón scooper and place a grouping of tiny balls on top of the rose mousse ..

Gorgeous and delicious and simple ..

Serve with Champagne, Prosecco or Cava .. One can add a spearmit leave or 2 to give extra added color .. And a cool refreshing taste to combine with the tropical fruit ..

Last edited:
@ElizabethB

DRAGONFRUIT20160125_110412.jpg

Simply a gorgeous magenta red violet dessert .. I adore tropical fruit and of course the flavor profile is lovely too ..

Definitely going to do a sample test run when I return from a trip I am making this week. I have National Holidays the week of the 5th December so I will have time to prepare it ..

Have a nice weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom