pitta bread to make pizza

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
2:29 AM
Have you tried using pitta bread to make a small pizza? I have and it was lovely:) my children want it all the time now but l only make it once a week. Tomatoe paste, cheese, pineapple, corn and peppers was my topping but I might try something else next week.

my husband's family often use toast as a base to a cook under the grill only, quick pizza. Top the toast with tomato puree and cheese and grill til bubbling & hot. You can obviously add a few easily cooked or edible raw veg as wanted. Mushrooms thinly sliced and onions also thinly sliced being the main candidates.

I have tried both, pitta bread and toasts for a quick pizza. My favorite quick topping for these consist of tomato puree, then a slice of American cheese followed by a bacon slice and finally a fresh tomato slice and some chopped lettuce at serving time.

Never tried pitta bread but it does sound great. I think I'll give it a try next week.
Used a lot of toast though: put some tomato puree, pepperoni and cheese on top, stick it to the oven. I'd never call this a pizza though.

Yes, and it works pretty well too. Not to mention it is super fast. I've found that it helps to brush the top of the pita with some vegetable oil or olive oil before adding the toppings - helps seal it off and keep all the sauce from soaking into the dough. Plus it makes the edges of the dough extra crispy. I used to work at a restaurant that sold these, they would call them "pizadillas", which were basically two large pitas with sauce, pepperoni and cheese between them, then baked under a broiler and cut up like a quesadilla.

Yes, and it works pretty well too. Not to mention it is super fast. I've found that it helps to brush the top of the pita with some vegetable oil or olive oil before adding the toppings - helps seal it off and keep all the sauce from soaking into the dough. Plus it makes the edges of the dough extra crispy.

Thanks for the tip. I like to make veggie pizzas with roasted vegetables especially red peppers. I usually top my pizzas with green and red peppers, red onions, sliced mushrooms and basil.

I used to work at a restaurant that sold these, they would call them "pizadillas", which were basically two large pitas with sauce, pepperoni and cheese between them, then baked under a broiler and cut up like a quesadilla.

Wow, that sounds so delicious. I make something similar except I use small pitas with roasted red pepper spread, mozzarella, roma tomatoes and basil.

Back
Top Bottom