Pizza advice

alexander

Über Member
Local time
5:07 AM
I'm intending to make my own pizza at the weekend (Saturday lunch). I've never made it before but I can get ready-made pizza dough which just needs rolling out. Does anyone have any tips on how to succeed. What should I use to put the pizza on in the oven? We have a pizza tin but I've noticed chefs on TV using stones or other things. What is the best cheese to use. Is ordinary mozzarella the right one?

For topping we will have pepperoni, olives and capers but might add other things.

The best advice I can give is to turn the oven up really high 230C (if it goes that high) and cook for barely 12 minutes. You can use the pizza pan you have got although a stone heated in the oven first gives a better result. Mozzarella is the authentic cheese but make sure its squeezed of all moisture. You can use tomato paste squirted from a tube for the tomato layer. Add some herbs and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Basil is lovely. Thyme or oregano too. Use fresh if possible - but dried herbs will be good too. Good luck!

Thanks. I will use the pizza pan. I've eaten pizza in Rome and its the best I ever had. Light and no deep pan. I suppose I'm hoping to get somewhere near that.

@alexander how did it go? how was it? what cheese did you use in the end and what toppings? did you take any photos and how would you rate the roll out pizza dough?
It was good. I think I said about it on what did you eat today. I used Tesco ready dough which which turned out very good. I used pepperoni and thin sliced red onions and mozzarella. I cooked it in a hot oven for 15 minutes. It got thumbs up from my friend.

Back
Top Bottom