Recipe Pizza croissants

Sweetkymom

Veteran
Local time
4:52 PM
My kids most favorite snacks are anything that deal with pizza. This snack is alot of fun to make yet very simple!

16 peppernonis
4 cheese sticks
1 can croissants

Break your cheese sticks in half so you have 8 pieces. Unroll your croissant out, lay 1 cheese stick and 2 peppernonis at the top. Roll your croissant up and move to the next one. Bake on 400 until the croissants are slightly brown.

Looks like a good use for croissants that come from a can. I'm not sure what cheese sticks are. If they are made from processed cheese I would prefer using grated cheese.

That sounds pretty cool. Can you show us a picture? I kind of pictured this a lot different! I figured the pizza topping would be on top or you would slice in the middle and put it there. I'm interested to see how these look!

Fresh cheese does sound a lot better than cheesesticks though, but I think "plastic" when I eat those ha ha.

I did not know croissants came in cans, but that does sound like a great thing. If I had to replicate it here, since we don't have those, I'd just buy one from a local bread shop and maybe insert the other ingredients in.

I think the original poster is referring to what is also sold as "string cheese". It's really just plain old mozarella, that's been cut into "sticks" and individually packaged. It's cut with the grain of the cheese, so you can pull away strands of it to eat it, hence the name. It's really no different than buying a block of mozarella from the cheese section of your grocer and cutting it up yourself into sticks.

We've tried recipes that called for flattening out the croissant dough and putting sauce and cheese on it, along with other toppings, but that didn't come out good at all since croissant dough is far too soft to work as a pizza crust. But this makes much more sense since you aren't smothering it with sauce (you could just as easily serve it on the side as a dipping sauce instead).

Jade, I'm curious where you are from now, since canned croissant dough is pretty much a staple in all the US grocery stores as far as I know. If there is a baker near you, they may be able to sell you the raw dough itself though - maybe rolled up in some wax paper and bagged to bring home. Many of the pizza joints around me will sell the raw pizza dough in bags for like 99 cents a bag.

Back
Top Bottom