Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
$75 each time for a lawn service to mow my grass, and that doesn't include weed-whacking/trimming, and seeing how they mow my neighbor's yard, I'd have to do it again anyway.

I'd say my yard is average front and back. $25 and they trim edges and take clippings away. He even left me some stuff to spray mould on a path.

Russ

Looking at the last photo you posted of your lawn, I've been biting my tongue. How short are you cutting it? When it is hot and dry down here, we raise the mower height. The grass copes better, because it is not stressing as much to grow back what was cut off. It still looks manicured, just a bit longer.

Not sure if that works with the grass you have in Ohio, but you might look into it.

CD
The mower is as high as it'll go. I prefer the grass to be a bit long. What you're seeing now is probably due to the extreme lack of rain we're getting - the grass isn't growing, just the weeds. :)

The last time I mow for the year, I'll cut it a bit shorter, though. Just that one time.

My neighbor on the other side, he buzzed his right down to the dirt. When he mows, he's followed by a giant dust cloud. It's kind of funny

Lots to do today:

Mow
Mulch
Crush up some dried herbs
Vac-seal some fresh herbs
Paint a piece of pegboard (I hate DIY)
Get half-and-half, as I apparently forgot to include that in my order this week :eek:

Mr6 birthday two days ago. His choice for three course today. His choice, not mine, they all get to choose on their birthday.
Jontys choice

Garlic bread (made a pound of it up yesterday)
Nachos
Pancakes and ice cream.

I'll do other things for main for adults. Risotto and left over meatballs. And salad. I'm busy in the kitchen today.

Russ

Trying to decide what to do with Friday nights leftover coq au Riesling that is occupying the slow cooker pot in the fridge. Whizz it up for soup for supper tonight, or sieve out the solid bits for the dogs, and freeze the liquid as chicken gravy. I need the pot within the next half hour to get lamb shanks going fo lunch today. Frying off lamb shanks, onions, garlic and veg at 08:30 on a Sunday morning - dedication to food or sad lunacy?

We have just returned from walking the 150 metres down to Podstrana beach to buy bread whilst it was relatively cool. We then walked another 200 meters down the beach to have a coffee at the Lav. Le Méridien Lav, Split

Attending a six hour online tutorial today. Apparently it's a bit like a Zoom meeting, sitting there trying to remember that you're on camera, so as not to inadvertently yawn or pick your nose. Also, no complimentary teas and coffees, and no buffet lunch.

We are just going shopping for Turkish coffee. Lidl has an offer on frozen but very tasty Hungarian ducks@ about £2 a kg, Gyosa/war tip, Spring rolls etc. The local water melon season is nearly over but I am hoping for a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom