Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is very subtle, but I prefer white corn. Better still, I mostly buy the bi-color corn. It may all be my imagination, but I do taste a subtle difference.

CD
I agree on the subtle difference - the bi color is my favorite followed by white. I think the white kernels are more tender than the yellow. .

The difference is very subtle, but I prefer white corn. Better still, I mostly buy the bi-color corn. It may all be my imagination, but I do taste a subtle difference.

CD
Yes, bi-color is the best in Ohio, too.

Well, it could have gone better. The sonogram showed that a polyp on my gall bladder that hasn't changed in years, has grown considerably in the last six months. He wants to remove my gall bladder.

Anyone here had this done?

CD
My mom did, many years ago. Even then, it was a very quick procedure. She had to change the way she ate, but you're already doing that, so you should be good to go.

Well, it could have gone better. The sonogram showed that a polyp on my gall bladder that hasn't changed in years, has grown considerably in the last six months. He wants to remove my gall bladder.

CD
No, not me, but my mom also had hers done and had to change the way she ate, and a friend whom I have known since I was 3 years old had his done about 5 years ago and is doing quite well, same as my mom, has to be careful about what he eats.

What is the difference between this corn and the yellow you refer to?
I grew yellow in the UK mate. In the Balkans yellow corn is for the chickens and to color fermented cabbage. White is ground to make Proja (corn bread) and porridge for kids (grits). Both are put on the grill.

Last edited:
He wants to remove my gall bladder.
Mate, let the surgeon do what he spent 7/8 year training and studying to do, and probably many years practicing his skills. After the cancer treatment I was not the same, but I was alive you then adapt and expand. Just be totally committed to the surgery and totally positive about the outcome please.

Mate, let the surgeon do what he spent 7/8 year training and studying to do, and probably many years practicing his skills. After the cancer treatment I was not the same, but I was alive you then adapt and expand. Just be totally committed to the surgery and totally positive about the outcome please.

I've had cancer, too. I trust doctors. I was just wondering if anyone here has had a gall bladder removed. It would be nice to have a "heads up" on what to expect.

CD

Property prices are dropping further. Tourist rental apartment owners who waited to see what the season would be like are now scared for next year. Our two friends from N/Z who have five apartment on one site about 30 km down the coast rd are coming today to view apartments here in Podstrana. Marina will go with them, she introduces them as her builder and does all the talking in Croatian. I do not like the Idea of having two sites so my theory is to add their apartment to the rentals and live near us. This would be mutually beneficial for all of us. They are the same age as my wife. They also want to show us a new "toy", my monies on a powerful motor bike.

It would be nice to have a "heads up" on what to expect.
Mate I do understand that, even if I knew a horror story AND I DON'T I would not post it. The internet in my opinion is not the place to get answers for this sort of thing. I bet you there are plenty of support groups for your condition in South Florida. That is where I would go for info. As I found it is very hard to be logical in these circumstances.

CD

My dad last year, quick and easy no problems or after effects, at 80 he sailed through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom