Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned earlier a kitchen DIY project. I finally finished it.

First, I bought a standard piece of pegboard from the DIY place, then I painted it white, because the natural brown just looked too...workshoppy.

My original idea was to find a local starving artist to paint me some kind of mural on it, and I was going down that path, when I dreamed that I wallpapered it instead. Off I went to look for wallpaper.

Apparently, no one hangs wallpaper the traditional way, and everything is just self-adhesive wallpaper now, so after dismissing the literally 15 rolls of wallpaper available at Lowe's (seriously, whatever happened to those books and books of wallpaper samples?) I went online and found something I liked:

Then I laid out where I wanted my stuff, marked it on the back, and papered the board. Then I flipped it over and poked little holes through the paper where the pegs would go, inserted the pegs, locked them down, and up on the wall:

I did do a typical TR goof during this step. As you can imagine, before I laid everything out on the board, there was no top or bottom to the whole thing, but as soon as I marked the holes on the back, there definitely was a top and bottom. It could go only one way to be right-side up.

Of course, I ignored all that when I papered it, and discovered that I'd papered it upside down.

No worries, I thought, and I flipped it over and just...transposed?...the original markings on the back. Of course, when doing that, I should have moved the markings right-to-left as well as top-to-bottom, but I didn't think of that, so the end result was that I got them fixed top-to-bottom, but completely reversed as compared to my original plan. :laugh:

Oh well, no biggie in the end:

I also want to add, being that I hate artsy-craftsy DIY crap, that what would have taken a normal person a weekend (and most of that would have been letting paint and glue dry), this took me two months once I bought the pegboard, and it was a good eight months since I first said, "I'm putting a pegboard up!"

Thanks! The pattern is called "Scandinavian Rise And Shine," and I'm taking it as an accurate depiction of a morning there - all grey with little black and white fowl running about! :laugh:

I didn't like the pattern on the swatch, but it works on the finished product.

CD

Hosting Birthday / Anniversary Dinner tonight
Pina Coladas
Margaritas
Hot Onion Dip
Shrimp Cocktail
Lobster Bisque
Sweet Corn Chowder (for those who are allergic to seafood)
Steakhouse Salad
Garlic Bread
Prime Rib - unfortunately not a standing rib roast, three stores told me they won't be getting them until November so boneless prime rib it is. The only butcher shop in town gets regular citations from the health dept - not a fan of going there.
Twice Baked potatoes
Cauliflower au gratin
Banana Split cake

It's a really stormy day today. We bought loads of peppers and toms to make relish for the winter. This is the first batch
1601198941663.png
1601198886731.png
1601198857311.png

It looks like the Steelers game will actually be on TV in Dallas tomorrow, so I can actually watch it. That's my plan. It's going to be a battle of the Watt brothers. TJ Watt and Derek Watt play for the Steelers, and JJ Watt plays for the Houston Texans. Three brothers in the NFL -- and on the field at the same time, tomorrow.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojpvi8Vav2U

CD

Last edited:
Hosting Birthday / Anniversary Dinner tonight
Pina Coladas
Margaritas
Hot Onion Dip
Shrimp Cocktail
Lobster Bisque
Sweet Corn Chowder (for those who are allergic to seafood)
Steakhouse Salad
Garlic Bread
Prime Rib - unfortunately not a standing rib roast, three stores told me they won't be getting them until November so boneless prime rib it is. The only butcher shop in town gets regular citations from the health dept - not a fan of going there.
Twice Baked potatoes
Cauliflower au gratin
Banana Split cake
The aftermath - forgot to take pics as meal was being served.

Twiced Baked a little lopsided from over heating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom