Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the start of the month fill the freezer with meat. This afternoon we are planing next week day trip to the Krka National Park it only 2 hours driving away tops. We have visited a few times before with Marinas Mother and Late father Tommo who lived near Roski Slap.. We would go to eat trout and buy a few kgs. We never took the 4 hour boat trip which takes you to visit monastery etc. Tommo was born in the area, he loved the scenery and lakes. So we will take the trip and drink a shot of rakejia that he distilled in salute to him. This is the Monastery we will visit. This is the veranda of the restaurant restaurant where we ate trout, Tommo would have bread crumbed frogs legs and chips.
1601557444975.png
1601556778569.png

The rain has stopped and the sun is shining. I plan to spend the afternoon picking (yet more) apples, and cutting logs providing I can coax some life out of my chain saw that hasn't been started in 8 years. The sous vide is warming up to cook duck breasts later, and I can use up one of the apples (well, it's a start) to go with them.

My 17 year old sister is sleeping over this weekend and I will be teaching her how to cook. We'll be starting simple and cooking some of her favorite foods, that will be popcorn and meatballs with spagetthi. I was a bit put off when I found out she can't even turn on the stovetop, but oh well, we all have to start somewhere.

My 17 year old sister is sleeping over this weekend and I will be teaching her how to cook. We'll be starting simple and cooking some of her favorite foods, that will be popcorn and meatballs with spagetthi. I was a bit put off when I found out she can't even turn on the stovetop, but oh well, we all have to start somewhere.
That's very good of you. The couple of times I've tried to help someone with cooking (well, baking), it was pointless.

Have fun! :)

Did the start of the month fill the freezer with meat. This afternoon we are planing next week day trip to the Krka National Park it only 2 hours driving away tops. We have visited a few times before with Marinas Mother and Late father Tommo who lived near Roski Slap.. We would go to eat trout and buy a few kgs. We never took the 4 hour boat trip which takes you to visit monastery etc. Tommo was born in the area, he loved the scenery and lakes. So we will take the trip and drink a shot of rakejia that he distilled in salute to him. This is the Monastery we will visit. This is the veranda of the restaurant restaurant where we ate trout, Tommo would have bread crumbed frogs legs and chips.View attachment 47388View attachment 47386
Beautiful

Russ

My wife asked me what knobs to turn on with our oven. She was wanting to dry egg shells. I ended up doing it. She doesn't cook. She read somewhere to dry the shells, whizz in the kitchen whizz until fine. She puts it in the base of tomato plants. Something about calcium???

Russ

Sat morning here, out in the garden shortly, just had my syndicate bet for our syndicate. 1 race in Melbourne and one in Sydney. Shopping for the weeks groceries as well.

Russ

That's very good of you. The couple of times I've tried to help someone with cooking (well, baking), it was pointless.

Have fun! :)

I can't see you having the patience for teaching someone how to cook. It's like my dad when I was a teen, trying to help me with math homework. To him, math was so easy that he couldn't understand why I didn't "get it." When I teach someone how to cook something, I treat it like I am teaching them a foreign language -- I have to teach to their level until they understand the "language" of cooking.

CD

I can't see you having the patience for teaching someone how to cook. It's like my dad when I was a teen, trying to help me with math homework. To him, math was so easy that he couldn't understand why I didn't "get it." When I teach someone how to cook something, I treat it like I am teaching them a foreign language -- I have to teach to their level until they understand the "language" of cooking.

CD
My issue in case number one was someone who wanted to know how to bake bread paid zero attention to what I was showing them and just wanted to talk endlessly in some kind of stream of consciousness nuttery, and the second time, the person had already convinced themselves that making a simple loaf of bread was beyond their ability before we even started, which ended up wasting my time.

My wife asked me what knobs to turn on with our oven. She was wanting to dry egg shells. I ended up doing it. She doesn't cook. She read somewhere to dry the shells, whizz in the kitchen whizz until fine. She puts it in the base of tomato plants. Something about calcium???

Russ
I think it's more to do with deterring slugs. Not sure if eggs shells would be a soluble form of calcium.

Not sure if eggs shells would be a soluble form of calcium.
Adding lime to the soil in autumn is the easiest answer to how to raise calcium in the soil. Eggshells in your compost will also add calcium to soil. Some gardeners plant eggshells along with their tomato seedlings to add calcium to soil and prevent blossom end rot. It is a slow release method mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom