Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good feeling, isn't it? The charity work I mean, not the nutella dribbling down your chin.

Yes, it’s a very good feeling helping and supporting. I’m lucky being only tired for few hours compared to the tiredness of those who have nothing (or nothing more) in their lives.

About Nutella, it’s a smile killer, I’ve experienced that is one of those things which is better to eat alone, like something with parsley or rocket salad..

Good Lord, I’m exhausted... but it was worth it, as usual. I only want to lay on the sofa, nibbling taralli with Nutella and randomly watching tv

You sound like me. Before my health declined, I always volunteered in my community. I miss it only second to missing my children.

My last Recipe Challenge entry for this month. Something with the few left over Prawns I have and tending to be American Southwest/Mex.

I had some stuff go bad in the fridge. It froze when I first set the new fridge up. I turned down the temps, but the peppers, avocado and tomatoes all went soft and mushy. So, my last entry won't happen. I don't have time to go grocery shopping again, till later in December.

I have to say, I didn't realize it was Black Friday weekend. That never registers with me. I went into the first shop, noticed the line for the register was snaking all around the place, up and down the aisles, and I thought, "What the <bleep> are all these people doing here?!?! It's almost as bad as Black Fri...oh, wait..." :laugh:

We have to pay an arm and a leg for these, but my plans today consist of going through these:

A few years ago I would have appointed you an honorary Englishman, and suggested that you and Mrs. Tasty jump on a plane and relocate. You would be very welcome, but England is losing its appeal these days, even for me.

A few years ago I would have appointed you an honorary Englishman, and suggested that you and Mrs. Tasty jump on a plane and relocate. You would be very welcome, but England is losing its appeal these days, even for me.
The UK in general lost it appeal for us several years ago, we moved here over two years ago. I am very comfortable here, one reason is I can't speak much Croatian.

Yesterday we listed the things we will make for Christmas, stollen, mince pies, mixed fruit and saffron gugelhopf, marizipan for the cake and stollen. breskvice, so we will start buying the ingredients today.
Breskvice will probably be the only thing most will not recognize.
1606720584104.png

Biscuit Dough
  1. - 2 cups caster sugar
  2. - 1½ cups vegetable oil
  3. - 1 cup milk
  4. - 4 eggs
  5. - 1½ tsp baking powder
  6. - 1 tsp vanilla paste, or extract
  7. - 6 cups plain flour (approx)
Filling
  1. - 1 cup cookie crumbs
  2. - 1 ½ cups ground walnuts (walnut meal)
  3. - 2 tsp cocoa powder
  4. - 1 cup apricot jam
  5. - 1 tbsp bourbon or rum
  6. - 1-2 tbsp milk
  7. - ¼ tsp cinnamon
Sugar topping
  1. - ¼ cup milk
  2. - ¼ cup peach brandy (optional or replace with milk)
  3. - Pink and yellow food colouring
  4. - 1 cup caster sugar

I have a MRI today, so I just ate the last food I can have until after the MRI. But, I get to have a bottle or two of some of that wonderful fruit flavored wallpaper paste before my MRI, so everything looks pretty on the scans. I have to stop by 7-Eleven and grab a couple Slurpee straws. That's the only way I can get that &*$% down -- big straws, to the back of my mouth, and chug it fast.

CD

I have a MRI today, so I just ate the last food I can have until after the MRI. But, I get to have a bottle or two of some of that wonderful fruit flavored wallpaper paste before my MRI, so everything looks pretty on the scans. I have to stop by 7-Eleven and grab a couple Slurpee straws. That's the only way I can get that &*$% down -- big straws, to the back of my mouth, and chug it fast.

CD
I sincerely wish you well.

Got up around 8.30 and been very busy but have now stopped. Quiet afternoon planned with my wasgij.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom