Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here its relatively easy to get repairs. I hadn't realised that it would be an issue over the pond. All my stuff (such as washing machine and dishwasher) is insured (a few pounds a month) and they send someone quickly. Also, the appliances are replaced for free if they can't be repaired.

At the price you are paying it may be worth simply getting a new machine.
Hopefully, the parts and labor don't cost too much. I priced a new one, similar to what I have now, and it's $750, so once I get the estimate, I'll know what I have to work with.

Tidying up loose ends prior to d day. Cash out for grandkids envelopes. Holiday money, they both are taking their kids to Nelson, best spot in nz if you ask me. We will get up there at some stage. Need to fill the BBQ gas bottle up.it ran out on Saturday just as we finished cooking.
Need to sort out dinner.?

Russ

Hopefully, the parts and labor don't cost too much. I priced a new one, similar to what I have now, and it's $750, so once I get the estimate, I'll know what I have to work with.
I hit YouTube first. Cottage industries or what ever they call them today work well on YouTube.
I had a Sony WEGA TV I loved and the projection Bulb burnt out. Phillips wanted almost $200.00 US for a new bulb.
YouTube had a kid selling them for $60 delivered and the kid showed the correct way to install it. I had it all wrong. Installation was entirely different that one would expect.

Just this hour put a window regulator in one of our vehicles. $40 on Amazon and the YouTube link I bought it from made what looked like a very complicated task,, very easy.

Well, I got my replacement Christmas pudding teapot from Amazon...arrived broken (well, of course it did!). :(

I must say, though, Amazon knows how to handle returns. Five clicks on my phone and a new one is already being shipped out, and all I have to do is take this one to a UPS store and show them my emailed return authorization - I don't have to pack it or print a label or anything, just dump it off at the UPS store and it's their problem.

So I'm doing that today, and washing a load of laundry at the laundromat, and finding an appliance repair person. Not much else beyond that.

So, the teapot didn't come in a Walmart box?

CD
The cats are essential around here.
Poison no longer effective. The former stuff was secondary killing the wildlife in the hills above.
This is all the rage now:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Victor-Rat-Trap/3083207

I had something like that. I probably got it from Lowe's. I had it in my garage, where rats like to take up residence. It worked well, but stopped working after a few weeks. I returned it, and went back to regular traps.

CD

Yep, I'm finding that's true here as well. Weird, you'd think as long as there are appliances to repair, there'd be a market for a local independent repair shop.

After calling all around the county and finding one place after another permanently closed, I went out to GE's website and scheduled a service through them. It'll likely be a local-ish guy, probably from Dayton, 45 minutes away, and it's probably the most expensive option, but I hate going to the laundromat. Looks like I'm doing that anyway, because the next available appointment is 7-Jan-21. $100 just for coming out, regardless of what they eventually repair.

I could have also called Lowes, but the last time I called their customer service, they were so unhelpful, I hesitate to call them again.

Does Sears Appliance Repair still exist? I've used them a few times in the past, and they did good work.

CD

So, the teapot didn't come in a Walmart box?
Thanks. I'd just about banished that from my mind, and now I'm back to staring at that gift under the tree for several minutes at a time, pondering all the possibilities...damn that Discount Dan and his questionable business model! :laugh:

Had a walk but it's getting really stormy. The Bura is blowing hard 50/60 mph. Snow is about 5 miles away over the mountain behind us. The sea is beautiful. Just had home made beans on toast and a cup of twinnings. Put the heating on. Man U against Leicester is on in 3 minutes. Should be asleep by half time.

Have to take Sam the dog to the vet for a control. Then smart working, cooking (sill unclear what) and sooner or later I have to start cleaning windows, mostly those of the living room.. they look misty....

Last edited:
Third week going in to do laundry. Having a washer break down over the holidays means many, many days until someone can come out.

Also picking up some grocery items.

I feel like that old US Army advert that said, "We do more before 9AM than you do all day."

Up at 5:30AM for work. The downside of working in the financial sector is that 31 Dec of any year is our Super Bowl, and I'm slated as part of the cleanup crew to be on and available first thing 1 Jan.

As soon as I got the necessaries of that cleared away, into the kitchen to debone, season, and sear a pork shoulder for pork and sauerkraut.

As soon as I got that going in the crockpot, out in the freezing rain with the dog for her morning supervised walk-around.

Back in, then into town to get an apple and some potatoes, both needed for today.

Back home, got the apple sliced up and into the crockpot, then turned to doing the washing up, and now I'm taking a break while MrsT empties the dishwasher - then it's right back in it to make breakfast.

Whew! 😓

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom