Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't eat breakfast and rarely have lunch.
I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks (just don't feel well, in general, nothing specific). I have asthma related to allergies so I've had to use my nebulizer more lately. I already don't sleep well (PTSD) so my body is constantly fatigued. Sorry to whine.
I'm hoping a fast will kick-start my immune system to rejuvenate whatever is wearing me down.
And ya feel better too.

• Love
Reactions: mjd
How'd the Yorkshire pudding turn out?
I've learned it's not as easy as it looks.
They looked beautiful in the oven, but they abated and turned a bit soggy, I think I opened the oven door too soon.

Today I tried salted caramel sauce. First batch was a disaster, it turned too hard, I had to add cream and heat it again and then it was good.

Last edited:
6C2AF337-6982-430F-9380-FDFED8E583FB.jpeg

Preping and installing a swamp cooler for the house. AKA evaporative cooler.
Works on the principal as water evaporates it takes heat with it.

Regular air conditioning draws about 28 AMPS of power, an evaporative cooler draws about 9 amps.

Only works in lower humidity climates.
As wet bulb and dry bulb temps approach each other it cools less.
So we can use it on in hot dry days and with it’s low electrical draw can run it on generator power.
It gets brutally hot here for months.

View attachment 55197
Preping and installing a swamp cooler for the house. AKA evaporative cooler.
Works on the principal as water evaporates it takes heat with it.

Regular air conditioning draws about 28 AMPS of power, an evaporative cooler draws about 9 amps.

Only works in lower humidity climates.
As wet bulb and dry bulb temps approach each other it cools less.
So we can use it on in hot dry days and with it’s low electrical draw can run it on generator power.
It gets brutally hot here for months.

Yeah, those swamp coolers don't work here in most of Texas. Maybe West Texas. Don't even think about it in Houston. :laugh:

CD

Yeah, those swamp coolers don't work here in most of Texas. Maybe West Texas. Don't even think about it in Houston. :laugh:

CD
Use to be THEEE way to go in Palm Springs until all the golf courses and homes went in. In the morning lawn watering has raised the humidity significantly. But if the breeze is right along with solar it'll help with the electric bill.

Cooking Sunday lunch - rack of pork ready for the oven.
View attachment 55706

Not big on pork but that looks real good !! I just watched matty mathesons way of cracklings. Man it looked so good. He cooked the pork then heated up a couple of litres of cooking oil and laddled it over the pork that made it bubble and crack. Something I never thought of.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom