Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He reads while I clean
IMG_20210130_153309.jpg

Snow coming tonight here as well...four inches, they're saying, which means we'll either get a dusting or a foot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Making my grocery list, heading to the store shortly, maybe making a pie (apple) today (or possibly tomorrow), and probably cheese pizza and salad tonight.

We're about to get hit with snow too. They say between 4-6 inches. We haven't had the last snowfall melt away so it's going to get pretty high out there. I'm trying to convince my caregiver to come over so we can make a snowman or snow angels. I think I'm going to lose in that round. ;-)

I often think about the times I made hot cocoa and popcorn with butter for my kids when they came in from the snow. I would put a change of clothes and throws in the dryer so they were toasty warm for them as they wrapped up next to the fireplace. I loved those moments. Well, I love/d EVERY moment with my kids.

mjd Agatha is my favorite author. This book has the books "Five Little Pigs" and "The Moving Finger" translated to portuguese, I'm reading the second one. One day when I'm older and have bad memory I will re-read all her books again :p:

mjd Agatha is my favorite author. This book has the books "Five Little Pigs" and "The Moving Finger" translated to portuguese, I'm reading the second one. One day when I'm older and have bad memory I will re-read all her books again :p:
Did you ever watch the series they did? I usually don't like tv adaptations of books but I enjoyed them.

My favorite performers...
Joan Hickson as Miss Marple
David Suchet as Hercule Poirot

I'll go on ordering seeds this evening - mainly from Finnish, Swedish, Danish and German online seed shops. I'm so sad that Brexit has made it nearly impossible to order seeds from UK based, well-known suppliers. I've already received a few packs of cute annuals and some regular and some odd vegetables. Many varieties are on their way. Most of the seeds will be sown directly at the countryside in May. We buy some pre-grown annuals, herbs and vegetables from local plant nurseries or hypermarkets too but I've prepared a place for some demanding seedlings behind a couch. Big seedling trays with Oasis foam on the bottom, big-sized puff-up peat lumps/gobs, bamboo sticks, plastic bags, two grow lights etc... I'll probably end up throwing the seedlings away in early May when they've bolted excessively, tangled together, become too moist or dry and turned yellowish (although I've bought some dilutable general nutrient) with all kinds of pests and bugs - but it's all worth it. I just love to see plants grow. It's challenging to grow plants without a greenhouse as there might be frost as late as in early June. But it's the journey that matters - not the goal. I'll focus on my design work and thesis this spring too. That means less cooking.

Some of my seed orders: Black Tuscan kale, Morning glory "Blue Picotee", bronze fennel, white zucchini and Zinnia "Zinderella Purple"
ner.jpg
mo.jpg
br.jpg
zu.jpg
zi.jpg

I'll go on ordering seeds this evening - mainly from Finnish, Swedish, Danish and German online seed shops. I'm so sad that Brexit has made it nearly impossible to order seeds from UK based, well-known suppliers. I've already received a few packs of cute annuals and some regular and some odd vegetables. Many varieties are on their way. Most of the seeds will be sown directly at the countryside in May. We buy some pre-grown annuals, herbs and vegetables from local plant nurseries or hypermarkets too but I've prepared a place for some demanding seedlings behind a couch. Big seedling trays with Oasis foam on the bottom, big-sized puff-up peat lumps/gobs, bamboo sticks, plastic bags, two grow lights etc... I'll probably end up throwing the seedlings away in early May when they've bolted excessively, tangled together, become too moist or dry and turned yellowish (although I've bought some dilutable general nutrient) with all kinds of pests and bugs - but it's all worth it. I just love to see plants grow. It's challenging to grow plants without a greenhouse as there might be frost as late as in early June. But it's the journey that matters - not the goal. I'll focus on my design work and thesis this spring too. That means less cooking.

Some of my seed orders: Black Tuscan kale, Morning glory "Blue Picotee", bronze fennel, white zucchini and Zinnia "Zinderella Purple"
View attachment 56229View attachment 56230View attachment 56231View attachment 56232View attachment 56233

I thoroughly approve of your choice of seeds in the second photo. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom