Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeting my brother, his wife, and my grown nephew at this week's Oktoberfest.

Lots of food work today: making soup, making bread, making deviled eggs, and German potato salad.

Tomorrow, I'm making BLTs, cornbread, and apple crisp/crumble to round it out. We have guests coming over tomorrow.

I hate having guests. :(

I'm not keen either.
Well, it's my brother, and I love him dearly, nicest guy in the world, funny, loves a good time, but he's a handful to manage, and he needs managing. He gets into everything, and there's no cooking around him, he's right under my feet the whole time. It's why I'm doing the majority of the cooking today.

As far as his wife...let's just say a little goes a long, long way. She's extremely opinionated, very vocal, knows more about everything than everyone else, gets offended at everything, and she thinks things like manners and consideration for others are "oppressive." Last time she came over, we got into it because right in the middle of my kitchen, she popped out a giant spliff, proceeded to light up, and when I told her to take it well outside, she got offended.

So it'll be "fun" tomorrow. :(

there's no cooking around him, he's right under my feet the whole time.

That would drive me mad. :hyper:

Last time she came over, we got into it because right in the middle of my kitchen, she popped out a giant spliff, proceeded to light up, and when I told her to take it well outside, she got offended.

Blimey - its bad enough people smoking cigarettes indoors. I hate the smell of weed at the best of times.

Leopold Alcocks - Jake Thackray

Yep, that would apply. :)

The thing is, he's a really good guy and none of his stuff is intentional. For example, he likes to drink bourbon. A lot. So when he comes to my house, he's usually already started, because he loves coming over here.

So he makes his own drinks, but he can't sit still, so he's in the kitchen, he's in the bar, he's in the bathroom, he's out in the garage, he's in the living room, he's out in the yard, he's on the front porch, he's on the back deck...and that's the first 30 minutes.

Everywhere he goes, he has a drink in his hand, and he always sets them down in the unlikeliest places, forgets about them, then makes a new one, and the cycle repeats.

He'll go through 20 glasses while he's here, and when he leaves, I've got to play whiskey glass scavenger hunt, going around my entire two-acre property looking for them.

I've found glasses nestled in tree branches, where he stopped to pull some weeds, a glass in my mailbox, where he checked my mail for me (the mail carrier found that one), a glass in the freezer where he set in down while getting ice...for the glass that he set down.

And that's just one thing he does.

He's still much more palatable than his wife. :laugh:

I've found glasses nestled in tree branches, where he stopped to pull some weeds, a glass in my mailbox, where he checked my mail for me (the mail carrier found that one), a glass in the freezer where he set in down while getting ice...for the glass that he set down.

:roflmao:

Yep, that would apply. :)

The thing is, he's a really good guy and none of his stuff is intentional. For example, he likes to drink bourbon. A lot. So when he comes to my house, he's usually already started, because he loves coming over here.

So he makes his own drinks, but he can't sit still, so he's in the kitchen, he's in the bar, he's in the bathroom, he's out in the garage, he's in the living room, he's out in the yard, he's on the front porch, he's on the back deck...and that's the first 30 minutes.

Everywhere he goes, he has a drink in his hand, and he always sets them down in the unlikeliest places, forgets about them, then makes a new one, and the cycle repeats.

He'll go through 20 glasses while he's here, and when he leaves, I've got to play whiskey glass scavenger hunt, going around my entire two-acre property looking for them.

And that's just one thing he does.

He's still much more palatable than his wife. :laugh:
Have you ever written a book?

Have you ever written a book?
I have a lot of family stories. Just wait until the holidays roll around and I tell you about the Christmas that my dad beat the living snot out of the town Santa Claus, while wearing his costume, just a couple of hours before he was to hand out candy to the kiddies. It's a hoot (and Santa had it coming).

The thing is, though...everyone has these family stories. Everyone's got an impatient dad or a hilariously pervy uncle, or a goofy brother, mine aren't unique. I just happen to have no shame in sharing them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom